Review standards Terms of service -removal

I just had a call from Airnb telling me the follwomg review doesn’t violate teramss and services. I’m not a lawyer, so can’t determine how to interpret the TOS.

Please give me feedback.

“The worst experience in my life. Terrible communication, dictator tone, some stupid rules from her side even though it’s my own home. Zero respect, 3 hours late. Snooped on my personal belonging (I’ve never had that with anyone else). Spoke with me like I’m her grandkid, absolutely unacceptable! Doesn’t know how to use phone, text messages, google maps, etc. Messed up my weekend, I was charged at work. Just an awful person. Thinking of withdrawing myself from Airbnb.”

Are you the host in this situation? Was this the review you left for the guest? I might be confused because of this:

I’d ask them to tell you what specifically violated terms. It’s perhaps not as detached/professional as you could’ve been, but given the terrible experience it sounds reasonable. At least you didn’t “Reach out” and choke her. :wink:

1 Like

It doesn’t really matter what we think it means if they won’t remove it. You should try moving it up to a supervisor and see if they will remove it. Other than “snooping on belongings” I don’t see anything that can be removed; it’s based on their opinion of their experience.

If she withdraws herself from Airbnb that would be a net plus.

1 Like

So am I right in thinking, this is a review @Louise as a host has left for a guest and now wants to get it removed.
Or is this a review by a host of @Louise after a staying as a guest… :confused:

The latter. There are several threads about this stay if you are interested in the whole story.

Cant tell if you want it removed or if you want it to stand. Either way, a little too personal and sort of unprofessional.

1 Like

Hi @Louise

I can’t see why Airbnb would remove the review based on their T&C’s but they are a law unto themselves.

I would not have thought it would violate the T&C, would not have worded it quite that way myself but obviously a terrible experience.

Is this the follow up review of host about guest “battle of Fort York”?

If yes will airbnb take into consideration that they moved you & this review is retaliation from host?

1 Like

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/546/what-is-airbnb-s-content-policy

Link to review policy…maybe you can ask them to remove it because it is harassing you?

1 Like

If it is, as far as I remember Louise has a message trail with the host, plus Air did move her to the Hilton at speed??? I agree that you should ask to escalate this to have it removed, Louise. On the other hand, oit says a great deal more about the host when taken with your own review.

Did you leave them a review? What did you write?

ah ok so this - the worse experience of my life…etc is the actual review - and you the host want it removed- sadly Airbnb don’t do that unless the host is physically threatened during a guests stay - or the guest has a history of complaints - sounds like the host needs to learn
a. the type of guests best suited to staying with them
b. be more tolerant / respectful of others space - read the guests body language (if they want to hang out then do it - if they want to be left alone - not have their room cleaned belongings touched) you need to ask them at the start of their stay these questions -
my rule is site them down make a drink so cake etc - and ask what their plans are while they are staying - what time they need to be up - bathroom sharing - do they want the room cleaned I have a cleaner that comes twice a week - and never never touch guests belongs -