Review from HELL. downright deplorable

Right. The host reminded me of the Amy’s Baking Company episode of Kitchen Nightmares. “The guest was a HATER who was out to get me. The way I run my business is perfect and if anyone disagrees they are WRONG” mentality whereas I think they had some valid complaints.

I wouldn’t go anywhere without a laundry amenity being offered either and I don’t like the type-A micromanaging approach of the host. The way you deliver messages is as important as the message itself. People would rather an A4 page of all the expectations as a guest rather than paragraphs and paragraphs of uppercase rules all starting in “DO NOT”, for example.

Also the rude baseless accusations of how “unhappy” the guest is as a human being and replying in all caps would rub even the most kind and reasonable people the wrong way.

I’m not fully siding with the guest - the host did graciously offer the upstairs area to store their belongings as a compromise and the guest didn’t seem to meet halfway in most situations.

Like @KKC said, they’re both messes and need to introspect about how they are choosing to behave.

2 Likes