Requesting a copy of guest's ID

I only use Airbnb because they generate the most leads for me at the moment. Brian Chesky and Airbnb are full of sh!t, their policies do not protect the host. The 1 million dollar host guarantee is complete BS. If anyone disagrees, please put forward evidence you received anywhere near what the damages amounted to. There are better platforms such as HomeAway. I’m also looking into Lodgify.

I am sure you know @billable.travels that the people you see on forums talking about the guarantee are mostly those complaining about not being paid out under it in full or in part or those having problems in claiming.

Of course people with legitimate cases do have unsuccessful claims and have the right to be frustrated and pissed off by Airbnb’s bureaucratic approach in these cases.

There are millions of successful claims every year, but why would people come on a forums to talk about this?

And why should people have to provide you with evidence of having a successful claim. You haven’t provided any evidence for your claim have you :slight_smile:

How many times have you made a claim under the guarantee within their terms and not been paid out in full? Please provide evidence that your claims were submitting within their terms and that you weren’t paid out in full.

1 Like