Report TOS violations, Airbnb says "Thanks so much" and won't say what action they took

I reported a host that: 1. Threatened me in writing, on the Airbnb Message system, 2. had his friends create false reviews for his listing and 3. tried to give me his phone to communicate outside of the system before booking.

Airbnb Support applauded my reporting, thanked me and confirmed that the things that were documented in plain black and white were violations, said they were taking action and then refused to divulge what action they had taken. So, why did I bother? Anyone else have this experience?

1 Like

Can I ask what it was that you expected?

2 Likes

That has always been Airbnb’s M.O.

Heck, they suspend host’s listings, based on some guest’s accusation, and often refuse to tell the host what the accusation even was. They claim it’s “private” information. So the host is accused of something and punished for it but not told what they are being considered gulity of. Then Airbnb will reinstate the listing after an “investigation”, telling the host to make sure never to do the thing again that they have no idea about what it was.

It is truly insane behavior.

1 Like

Some indication of the action that they took.

Does it really matter if you know what action they took? You obviously felt you were doing the right thing by reporting the violations. Would realizing that Airbnb won’t tell you what actions they intend to take change that?

One bit of sleuthing you can do yourself is check back on the platform in a few weeks to see if the listing is still active.
A host once posted about a guest who left a pile of shell casings behind and a pile of dead squirrels in the yard he had shot. The host said Airbnb wouldn’t tell her what action they would take, and although she saw that the guest’s account was still there, after a few weeks she saw it had been deleted when she checked.

Sorry, I’m obviously being stupid. I asked what you expected and you said:

What do you mean by that?

I expected them to give me some indication of the action they took or were going to take. Can’t be much clearer than that.

3 Likes

Commercial in confidence

Is this about Shelby again?

1 Like

No. extra characters to satisfy the bot

I report all hosts in my area for TOS violations so that I can reduce my competition. Airbnb has not blocked any of those listings. I’m extremely pissed about it and I cannot sleep at night due to that.

[Sarcasm]

1 Like