Removing review. Should I bother?

How annoying, what is it with some people? Wjat more can you do really? If I was a guest and took issue with a place, I would go back and check the listing to see what I was sold / agreed to before leaving feedback. I bet most guests don’t.

I would just add at the start of what you said something like- “it is important people read through the listing details carefully as all of the things this guest found issue with are clearly mentioned!”

1 Like

I like it. You should reply!!!

1 Like

I need to look this up. I think of it as a surf wear company!!! :laughing:

Yes it is a surf company from Australia. Our billabong was created in the big 1950 flood which changed the course of the river and divided farms. The cows swim across the river each day to be milked. You can see in the first picture how high tides show where the river used to run along a stand of trees.

Uploading…

Very interesting. Since this in no way looks like something you can get tubular in, wonder what prompted them to use the name?

Looks like a marsh or such, similar to what Florida may have.

But back to your crap guests. Why can’t people roll with the flow? Not to coin a pun.
They don’t read and then have to bark at you for things they didn’t bother to read. Hate this type of dummy.

1 Like

Probably because it sounds cool and has “bong” in it. Surfers, ya know?

Aaargh! I didn’t know that reviews from the host country are listed first. I’ve only had one poor review (awful guest), and as it happens, he is from my country. I just checked and his review is top of the list, despite having more recent, positive reviews.

Extremely frustrating. I’ve already been in conctact in AirBnB re this guest, and they were basically no help.

@konacoconutz not marshy at all, the other end links to the river. Great soil for growing though especially after a flood.

1 Like

@Shanghai

Interesting what impacted the guest. He mentioned the “local critters” but not the herd of cows crossing the river daily to be milked!

It all looks so calm and peaceful but I’ve already got it pictured in my mind that there is a pride of lions laying low and ready to pounce on the cows when they reach the other side…but hey, what do I know.

In Australia???

Off topic, as anyone seen the absolutely fantastic video series called Wild Adventure, I think? Hosted by one Coyote Petersen. A wildlife educator, he travels the world giving up close and personal encounters with the world’s most dangerous creatures. He finds some of the best ones in Australia of course. He also gets deliberately stung or bit so as to compare the various pain levels of the stings. Gila monster, bullet ant, giant desert centipede, golden orb spider, black widow are just a few of the creatures he features. He always treats the animals with admiration and respect. That’s the part I like best.

https://bravewilderness.com/

3 Likes

@KKC

It was intentionally a ludicrous scenario…tall grass, etc. Actually, my second thought was crocodiles!

2 Likes

@SandyToes the nearest crocodiles are1200km further north. No lions unless at the zoo. But there are bull sharks…

1 Like

@Shanghai

Okay…then I guess I shouldn’t mention pygmies.

1 Like

Or the wherethehellarewe tribe

2 Likes

We are in Bellingen, NSW, Australia. A really cool rural country town. Google it. It is gorgeous.

And we do have a resident python or three.