Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Reasonable Cleaning fees

Hi. Im trying to set a cleaning fee for my new holiday rental and looking at other properties to gauge an appropriate charge. Ive seen the fees up to $600 (Aus $) for a 3 bedroom house but the price of the accommodation was cheap. Is this a way to reduce fees? A bit like ebay sellers used to inflate postage and reduce the item price so the fees are less. If not why would someone charge $600 to clean the house when a cleaner can do it all for a few hundred.

Airbnb charges commission on cleaning fee’s so its not a place to save money. I just charge what my cleaner charges me.

1 Like

There are lots of threads on cleaning fees…

Isn’t it like $450? Very strange…

The simple (and honest) way is to see what it would cost you if you’re doing it or someone else. How many hours + cleaning products use = cleaning fee.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!