Really weird out your guests with your Ring interior drone camera!

Yes, Ring now has a robot interior drone camera! Imagine doing a self check-in and being greeted with this…

OTOH, if I could find one that didn’t call Amazon, a smart drone like this that I could control over a secure VPN would make me feel a lot better when leaving my house unattended for winter travels.

2 Likes

Well, that would get hosts delisted in a hurry.

Oh wow, I am trying, and failing, to see the reason to have this at all. I can imagine sneaking out of bed to get a midnight snack and being face to face with an electronic flying spider thing. Hell no!

1 Like

No sneaking into the kitchen for a midnight snack when you’ve led your other half to think you’re sticking to your diet or sneaking a smoke when they’re under the impression you’ve quit. Drone boy says “You are SOOO busted.”

3 Likes

If you watch the Ring video promo, you can see how it would probably drive away the casual door/window breaking thief. If, however, it was in a remote location, someplace nobody could see except on the camera, it probably would be quickly disabled, especially if the perp was familiar with the place and had some target items.

I’m sure these cams will result in some great YouTube videos, RingDrone Video of the Day, etc.

3 Likes

Multiple cases when guests have extra people on property, unauthorized people are on the property, or you want to check something remotely that you can’t see from a remote location-- just to start.

Cameras, yes. A drone in my house, no.

Indoor cameras in a Airbnb will get you delisted pretty damn quick. You can see if there are unauthorized guests coming and going with an outdoor camera. No one, even people who are behaving perfectly, wants to have some camera watching them inside.

1 Like

Do any of you have one specific plan for multiple RING cameras in different locations/States for your vacation properties? Ring told me a few months ago that they could add the 2 new cameras on the new property to my existing plan after the trial expires but now are telling me that you have to have a individual plan for each property as they can’t add them all to one existing Ring Plus plan? I’m so upset right now over this.

You can add them yourself but must be physically there to add each device to your existing account. You will not be able to get any tech support, though. To give you support they must be given permission to see your devices/videos and will quickly see they are not all at the same location. It’s a $100 per year per property, though, which may be worth it. It used to include security monitoring but that’s a new tier and cost more now.

But I’m sorry they mislead you. That stinks :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like