Racism on AIRBNB

If the listing is somewhere in the Flanders, I have the answer :grinning:

5 Likes

@Barthelemy. I thought that you might. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you guys are ever in Ireland, you both will be most welcome in my home. I hope this experience does not put you off airbnb, as there are some wonderful hosts all over the world who are caring, professional and will help you have a super time while staying with them

Outrageous! Hopefully you will get help solving this the best possible way.
Welcome here as well.

This is absolutely horrible and I hope youā€™ve succeeded in reporting this horrid person.
I think you can ā€œflagā€ the person on their profile on the right bottom side or call ABB and tell them.

So sorry you had to experience hate and discrimination like this.

1 Like

what was the exact dialog? Care to share your screenshot here?

And here in Minnesota!

1 Like

Spain, she told me that they are from France.

1 Like

What happened with this situation?

Le noir ca va, mais ze French, zay are mauvais nouvellesā€¦ils fument toujours, ils ne parlent anglais, et ils aiment le tres smelly fromage. Le government Americain a passe le loi si que vous pouvez sā€™envoir vite le fumeur francais de votre maison.

(joke)

1 Like

I smoke and LOVE smelly cheese :slight_smile:

Quelle horreur! You probably donā€™t shower regularly either :scream: (seeing as weā€™re going there).

1 Like

Itā€™s true the French donā€™t speak English ā€¦ at least they pretend not to! Oh you donā€™t speak English ok fine Iā€™ll speak French ! But at least they donā€™t do what Germans do which I find super irritating ; reply to your German with English. I took to just ignoring the English and asking again in German ā€¦

From my experience Portugese, Spanish, Italian and French speak very bad English unless their job requires it. The cheese + cold cuts + wine combo seems to have a negative influence on language skills. Or they just donā€™t care and are happy enough with their language in their country.

I decided to add the safety pin symbol to my pictures after reading your post. What that person did was unacceptable. Most hosts arenā€™t total racists.

3 Likes

What is the safety pin symbol?

Since Trumpā€™s election, thereā€™s been an increase in attacks on minorities, Muslims, lgbtq, etc. The safety pin symbol has been singled out as a way to signify to others that theyā€™re ā€œsafeā€ with you, whether youā€™re a minority, a Muslim, lgbtq and other subsets of the population.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I think there is now a blank spot in the usually-constant American Blame Game; it was all Bushā€™s fault for years and we now are entering the ā€˜Itā€™s Trumpā€™s Faultā€™ stage and he is not even president yet. Wasnā€™t there a president in between them, where all kinds of these types of crazy things also happened?

2 Likes

I donā€™t find much usefulness in blaming so weā€™ll leave that alone :slight_smile: itā€™s not necessarily his fault. I just said itā€™s happening, and thatā€™s factual.

1 Like