Quiet and friendly

I am just curious in this time of COVID 19 how many hosts are asking for vaccine passports before a guest arrives. I have a family I want to protect and of course my other guests as well. I do require it and so far my guests are only to happy to share and glad they are coming to a home they are save in.

We aren’t asking but about 90% of our guests have offered them. Our only shared spaces are the halls and stairs and the basement (for laundry) because we have separate apartments in the house. We require masks in those common areas and also leave a day between bookings. Because we have other ways of being safe, I don’t want the extra work of an additional booking requirement, but I would definitely require and check them if we were sharing spaces. I don’t blame you for requiring them, it is smart.

Two people in the last few months have not volunteered vaccine information. For one of them, I spent 2 minutes finding their FB page and their profile photo was one of those “vaccinated” themes with plenty of pro-vax in their feed as well, so I felt fine about them. The other one, came up in various unsavory places, was definitely anti-vax and that was the least of his issues, so I canceled him. I have a strict, undisclosed no-asshole rule.

8 Likes

Not us, credit card and a pulse is all we need.

JF

4 Likes

I have it on my site that I’m vaxxed and love guests that are too. Don’t ask for the passport, but 2/3’s of mine tell me they’ve been vaxed.

Don’t share the space, just when I clean.

And, yes, a pulse is a requirement! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Such picky hosts these days.

6 Likes

I also say we only want vaccinated guests but some guests are not happy at all…had one snippy response after spending some time back and forth via email because they wanted to stay 3 to 4 weeks, that they would NOT come because of my “discrimination policy re vaccines.” Haha, as if unvax are a protected class.

6 Likes

Got that little line from @JohnF, made me laugh.

1 Like

But the dead tell no tales, not even in a scathing review ,)

2 Likes

I don’t require it. The space is stand-alone and if I see a guest we are always out of doors.
So I haven’t asked, and so far zero guests have mentioned it.
I’m staying with a host coming up this week, though, who wants double-vaxx proof on arrival. No problem. I will happily show it to her.

1 Like

Yeah, but we only require it at check in.

Lack of pulse subsequent means a short trip in my wheelbarrow to the bushes in the plaza, at a suitably quiet time of the night and an amended check out date :wink:

JF

9 Likes

I thought that your citrus trees are the “gross” feeders…

1 Like

Well we do tomatoes here. Like that movie, they had annoying guests too.

We have a home share. Only opened in July and closed last weekend until we get our boosters. I believe that documents are easily faked. So I ask and tell guests that we are vaccinated, but don’t ask for proof. We have many return guests whom I trust.

2 Likes

Pulse? Very demanding. A corpse with a valid credit card who is able to book is fine by us.

4 Likes

Well, here in Texas, as far as most people seem to be concerned, there is no pandemic :roll_eyes:. I get my booster a week from Friday (must fall perfectly between infusions). I just have to be extra careful and lie low 'round these parts. People from outside TX come here expecting to be “free” to contract whatever disease they doggone well please. I don’t interact w/ my guests face to face and full Covid cleaning protocol is in effect at my place (in how we clean, wearing masks & frequent glove changes, airing the place out immediately, etc.). Trying to avoid corpses, especially my own :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I am only accepting vaccinated guests but not asking for proof. I do warn that upon check in we reserve the right to ask for a government id and proof of vaccination.

I do stress what we do to keep it COVID safe and my guests too seem to appreciate it.

When I have my debate with Airbnb “Customer Service” they seemed to imply that I can’t ask for it ahead of time.

Not asking for proof but I do say in my listing that I’m pro vax and prefer vaxxed guests. I’m currently mostly hosting repeat regular guests.

Right after I posted I got a text from a repeat guest who had texted me directly. She told me she wasn’t vaxxed and so wouldn’t be staying with me. That’s the way I want it to work.

10 Likes