Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Public host response time window

I have never read anywhere that there is a small window of time to leave a “public host response” to a “published guest review.” I had forgotten to leave a pleasant public response for two separate October 2019 guests who were both lovely people. The prompt for a response is missing.

Just heard from Airbnb: “Hosts have a 30 day timeframe to leave a public response.” My 30 days timeframe ended on November 7.

Thankfully. I get enough notifications from Airbnb as it is. But then again, I’ve only responded to a review once in 555 reviews.

1 Like

You don’t get a prompt to leave a response only to review. @Julz

I think you can respond for up to two weeks - so not really a short window :grin:

Yes, it’s in the help section of Airbnb. Speaking of responses, you do get a notification of a review received so why not use that as your prompt to respond. Also you should be checking your listing several times a month, if not several times a week. That way you can stay on top of things like this.

1 Like

I only reply to a review if I need to correct something in the review. I’m not sure if the guests would even see it unless they came to your page.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!