Prospective guest refused to either provide plane arrival time or flight number

I don’t think you are in the minority. I suspect most of the hosts with a fly-to location and a check-in process where someone meets the guests upon arrival ask for arriving flight information. Even the resort where we have our timeshare asks us for arriving flight information and they are staffed 24/7.

2 Likes

In my case, I use insta-book as folks with no reviews must have permission before booking. I have had a few I have dismissed because of a gut feeling but have pretty much accepted their requests to stay after striking a dialogue etc. Anyway, to the point guests have to arrive by ferry to where I am located. In my welcome message to them, I do ask what ferry they will be arriving on adding that if they do get on an early one, early checkin may be possible. In all cases the guest freely advises what ferry and estimated arrival will be. I am an on site host and understand there will be delays with the crummy ferry system here. I am always in communication with the guest through the airb&b app and have had guests check in very late because of unforeseen delays.