Promotional idea gifts for guests, here's mine, share yours

This morning the lightbulb went off and I am going to give these away. A black cool-tote just big enough for a six pack of cans, with a custom printed fabric patch sewn on top. You will never guess the price for our future “guest gift”

2 Likes

Whenever I’ve gotten promotional materials the most useful was the reusable go cup for coffee.

2 Likes

Curious to know the price - without a custom patch I would give a wild guess at $3-5 each but with a patch? Maybe $6-7?

1 Like

about 5$ each, no minimum. Spoonflower.com, orientaltrading.com. O am sewing the patches on myself, and will get enough bags to match all the patches as soon as
I see them. I

I wonder if food shopping bags are good idea?

1 Like

I like an idea on Cash Pad. The owners develop a postcard with a picture or drawing of the Airbnb. People can keep them as a reminder of their stay or send them. Not too pricey on something like Vistaprint and the storage is minimal.

4 Likes

During the pandemic many stores aren’t allowing guests to use their own bags. Maybe after the pandemic is over.

2 Likes

I was wondering if something virtual could be given as a gift. Something like the collection of memories as part of being hosted at the home/city?

1 Like

I had cooler totes like that printed with our Kauai house logo and love them. My husband’s best friend’s wife owns a custom corporate logo company and she did them for me. I fill them with snacks/beverages and try to keep it with local or Hawaii-ish things. I even made a deal with a local distillery and put two single serve rum punches in their with one of their fliers. The price was cheap but I bought a large quantity (250 bags) but I did it one time and they store easily. I can get the Info if anyone wants it. Locating a photo for you.

2 Likes

Something I used to do with my dog boarding business was to make “souvenir postcards.” of the dog’s stay. Like this:

I used Walgreens programs to make the cards and they would be ready same day.

If I had a tourist type rental like @gypsy I might do it for my Airbnb. Obviously it means you have to ask the renters if you can take their picture and you need the place you pick up the picture to be convenient to pick up. The cost is less than a dollar.

2 Likes

Aww that’s cute! I do print my promo photo postcards 5x7" at home for pennies! But I usually don’t get guest photos or take pictures of them.

1 Like

That’s a nice gesture to put something inside! Hard to guess what they would like, though:) I think I am going to have a pile of them ready to go and also matte photo paper prints of the 3 watercolors that we have purchased in a separate manila envelope. I guess I will show guests during tour what and where they are.

1 Like

I like the idea of postcards and have been meaning to get around to that.

And how about a photo or painting of the listing as a jigsaw puzzle?

Postcards make the most sense because they would be mailing them to someone else. For me return guests are the exception not the rule, in 3 years I have a few repeat offenders that keep coming back but I do not think giving out travel mugs would increase that number.

I ask guests for email address, suggest the keep my contact information to book direct next time and save the 3rd party fees. I have had a couple of repeats that still booked on VRBO/AirBnb

I do give branded gifts in my real estate business, I make them keys on key blanks with my business name and number on it so they carry them around for years…

RR

We give each person (usually two per reservation as we normally have couples) a microfiber cloth with our site info for cleaning glasses, camera lenses or binoculars. Because most of our guests are hikers and birders, these come in handy and always seem to be appreciated.

4 Likes

Portal! You’re a short drive from me in El Paso TX. I’ve been wanting to make a trip over there one of these days. One of my guests raved about it. I’m bookmarking now.

Anytime! We love the drive along Rt. 9 from El Paso.

1 Like

It’s great. I travel it as far as Columbus/Palomas 2-3x a year in normal years. I haven’t been since Dec 2019 due to the pandemic.

Love the Pink Store in Palomas, MX but haven’t been there in a couple of years thanks to Covid.

1 Like