Product recommendations -- pillows, pillow protectors, towels

We’re on the “higher end” of rentals in a family-friendly tourist town. Just getting started renting, and I need to purchase about 6 pillows and 14 pillow protectors. For pillows, I’m looking for two different types that would appeal to different types of sleepers. For the pillow protectors – something inexpensive that I can buy in bulk! :slight_smile:

The towels we currently have are fine for now, but they are colored Pottery Barn towels, and I’m sure they will get discolored over time. I won’t be heartsick when they do wear out, as I’ve had them for 10 years, but would like to have some stores/brands in mind for when it’s time to replace them with plain white towels.

We have Target, Walmart, BB&B, TJ Maxx, Sears, Herberger’s, Penny’s…but not “big city” stores like Pottery Barn, Restoraiton Hardware, HomeGoods, Tuesday Morning.

Do you have Costco? Do you shop on Amazon?

For pillows I have Nest pillows (online mattress retailer). I had to take a bunch of filling out of each but they’ve gotten a lot of compliments. I also have two older pillows, one is down and one is some kind of similar but synthetic fill. Finally I have two fairly flat foam pillows that are in the shams. I put pillowcases on them in case someone takes them out of the sham to sleep with them.

For things that Costco has, towels, mattress pads, sheets in queen and king size you can’t beat the price and quality. For things they don’t have I usually go with well reviewed items on Amazon. I also look for items at discounters like Marshalls, TJMaxx. BB&B is my last option because they are more expensive but if you find a markdown, sale or have a coupon they do have everything.

1 Like

Hi Karma! We don’t have Costco, sadly! I do have Amazon Prime and am a loyal Amazon fan. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@arialvetica not sure how far the closest Costco is or if you can order online, but all of my pillows came from Costco, as well as towels, sheets, and mattress protectors. I believe they are Beauty Rest Black label.

I agree with @KKC the Nest Pillows are amazing, but they are also $$$.

I have also had great luck with Amazon Basic. I swear by these sheet Amazon Sheets and we have also hade good luck with these duvet inserts Utopia Duvet Insert. I believe Utopia also makes pillows Utpoia Pilllows. I haven’t used or touched their pillows, but the duvet insert it great.

Quick search of the almighty Amazon found these pillow protectors for a good price in a 4 pack Hypo allergenic 4 pack of Pillow Protectors.

1 Like

We buy almost everything on Amazon. It makes the accounting easier!

I do agree that white everything is best - it reassures the guests that everything is properly clean. We have recently gone to white bedspreads too (everyone thinks I’m crazy) instead of the previous aqua, and guests seem to be so careful with them. Time will tell…

Regarding pillows, on the queen bed, each side has two pillows, one soft and one hard. This means that the guests can configure them in any way they want, according to their own tastes.

1 Like

Thanks! Should I worry about “waterproof” pillow covers, or should “antimicrobial” ones be good enough for normal guest use?

I have waterproof for the drool factor :slight_smile:

I have always done all-white. I think it is a beautiful look and looks crisp and clean. There are days when I think white sheets are cooler [temp-wise] too, but I am sure that this is an illusion.

1 Like

I do the anti alergan/ dust mites/ etc… I agree with @jaquo about the waterproof, but I don’t want them to be crunchy. Guests are paying good $$$ to stay here, wouldn’t want my bed to sound like a child’s bed :joy: :joy:

2 Likes