Problems creating first listing

Hi all - I am so new to this thing that I don’t even have my listing up yet. Any help would be great appreciated. I am trying to create my listing with as much information as I can, so that there are few surprises for guests. On other people’s listings, there is a section called “About This Listing” and another called “Description”. When I go to create mine, I am not given that option. Only the first one is available, and then whatever I type in is repeated in my preview under “Description”. But I’m not seeing an option on the creation page to write anything for “Description”! And “About This Listing” is limited to 500 characters or so, which isn’t much of anything. What am I missing??? Must be something. Help! Thanks in advance!

You have to go live before you have access to those areas. Nuts, huh? What I recommend is, have all that text written already. Go live. Snooze the listing while you fill in the rest of your listing, and then un-Snooze. The trick is to be ready to go when you do you live. You don’t want to waste your new listing boost! Good luck!

4 Likes

Aha!! Thank you so much! I wondered about that, but was afraid to bite the bullet. I have it all written out, and when I went to copy and paste it in, thinking that one section was the only place to copy it to, I was 8000 characters over the limit! Lol! Truly appreciate you sharing the wisdom. Thank you again!

8000 characters? is that pages and pages?
Sadly - people don’t read and the important stuff you NEED them to read may be lost in the verbiage.
I try to write for those of short attention span.
Most look at the pictures to see if they like it and then maybe they will read…
you may want to edit.

1 Like

The summary paragraph alone is limited to 500 characters and I easily use them all for just a room, not a house. Note it’s characters which includes spaces, commas, etc. If it was 8000 characters for just the summary and description then that’s too much. If if was everything like rules and other things to note, maybe not.

1 Like

Yes, way too much for that short first paragraph space, but that was the only option I was given when creating the listing. 8000 characters is less than 2 pages, but it was written ahead of time in a Word doc with lots of paragraph spacing, and it encompassed everything, including room amenities, house rules, getting around, attractions, etc… It wasn’t meant to be all in one place. Regardless, thank you all for replying and answering the main question. Problem solved!