Power is out on our block

Ha ha. Let them learn their lesson.

How long were they in the apartment total? That’s going to be an expensive mistake they made.

Or they could stay there and make their dad stay in a backpacker hostel, since he’s the one causing all the problems.

I don’t know exactly when they left, as we don’t have cameras and I don’t want to trouble the building president to get the lobby footage, but my estimate is under 1 hr. The messages started coming in about 15 mins after check in at 15:00, the parents were very upset about the electricity etc. The ‘move out’ message was at 15:56 saying they had decided to leave.

Well, finding an apartment on short notice is going to be difficult as its the peak of tourist season and I just checked hotel prices and unless they want a hostel its going to be $$$$.

PS- they are a party of 6

1 Like

If they leave they don’t come back. That’s a recipe for disaster.

1 Like

I hope you have a way to lock them out.

1 Like

Well they are only locked out if they didn’t take a set of keys with them! :joy:

2 Likes

As far as Air is concerned, are they officially checked out?

That is a great question @Garden1Gnome. I honestly do not know, I’m going to guess ABB thinks they are still there. The only way ABB would know otherwise is if they were reading our message thread.

They have not cancelled, I have not cancelled, nor have I called ABB. Yes, I know, I should call ABB. However, I am going to be on hold for 30 mins, just for ABB to tell me 1) we can’t do anything until the guest cancesl 2) we can remove the guest (which may be tricky since they didn’t actual break any house rules) 3) you can cancel and get penalized. If anyone thinks the ABB call will have a different outcome I am all ears.

Currently I’m taking @Maggieroni advice and ignoring.

The power was off for 45 mins, btw, I just got confirmation from the Society President.

1 Like

Just had a crazy idea… I’m going to offer a small refund of 100E on a 1000E reservation, if they actually CANCEL. This way no bad review and ABB knows they are gone. Thoughts? @KKC @Garden1Gnome @Maggieroni @felixcat @jaquo @KenH

1 Like

If I thought I was entitled to a full refund I wouldn’t take it. If I thought I was not entitled to anything, I would. Let’s see if they suddenly have a “death in the family.”

3 Likes

If I was the guest I wouldn’t expect a refund at all, its not the hosts fault.

1 Like

Auntie is about to take a sudden turn for the worse!

1 Like

Agree, but based on her previous ‘lets negotiate’ comment, I don’t think they are expecting a full refund. Also, if I say ‘no’, what options would they have for escalation? Tell Air the place was uninhabitable?

The smoking Dad just keeled over :joy:

1 Like

I was taking a look at the terms of service for guest refund.

(iii) special amenities or features represented in the listing description are not provided or do not function, such as decks, pools, hot tubs, bathrooms (toilet/shower/bathtub), kitchen (sink/stove/refrigerator or major other appliances), and electrical, heating or air condition systems,

Do you think it falls under this?

1 Like

This is not a problem with the property’s electrical system…

1 Like

Yeah but its not functioning due to it.

I see where you are going with this, and although the properties electrical was functioning perfectly, the Electric company had initiated a ‘rolling blackout’ so to speak. I could see how logically this could fall under the the TOS item you referenced. I hope my case is bolstered by the fact it was only 45 mins and came back on before these wackadoodles decided to check out.

2 Likes

Never be the first to blink, ask THEM what they have in mind.

2 Likes

What do you think they really want? To stay there after all or to receive a refund?

Refund :slight_smile:

I think you hit the nail on the head with the girl not telling the dad about the no smoking. The were very cold and barely spoke a word upon check in, and then when the No Smoking anywhere on the property was mentioned the dad was not happy, I guess more not happy then not having electricity. I think if I had allowed smoking on the at least the balcony, then this entire situation would have been NBD. The No Smoking anywhere was discussed at time of booking and one other time as well, so it wasn’t a surprise.

They don’t like to read, your guests, huh? . Hell no it is not negotiable or refundable because you are a dummy. Ugh, get lost and we get to keep your cash.

2 Likes