Potential guest requesting video of property

I’ve had some weird requests over the years, I have some 1 bedroom apartments 57sqm and I have more than 30 photos. I remember 1 guest saying he needs more photos because he can’t visualise the apartment, I thought I wasn’t playing this stupid game and just told him AirBnB wouldn’t allow me to upload any more photos. Then another wanted one of the A/C unit in the bedroom, and she wanted it over the bed, I just reminded her that you dont put A/C units over the bed incase they leak.

1 Like

I have a window unit in a window above my Airbnb bed but luckily, any condensation drains outside. There is a shutter in front of it and the louvers can be adjusted to direct cold air onto the bed or up towards the ceiling where there is also a ceiling fan. Other than a window unit being somewhat noisy, it’s really perfect. I guess it’s perfect for summer guests who like white noise.

I agree. But maybe they’ve been burned by a place not being in reality as it was shown on the web. They may think that a host, going and taking a “new” video would show to their satisfaction that the kitchen is or is not exactly as depicted in the photos. Maybe their evasiveness is them covering up their distrust.

1 Like

Conclusion-

I opted to do nothing and see if the guest would follow up with me after that weekend. They did not. Too be honest I was still sitting on the fence about it. I think I would have made my decision based on their follow up.

Regardless, thank you all for taking the time to respond and opine.

2 Likes

this could be a scam as I’ve heard this tale a lot.
booking is for 30 days, so of course you’re keen, and they want a video.
i do not know what the scam is.

in which case I would direct them to my Instagram page where i have all sorts of “real/everyday” imagery and video of the farm and interiors.

1 Like

Casing the place, looking for ‘valuables’, etc

1 Like