Post Pandemic Changes to your Listing

Haha. Once, when my youngest daughter was about 15, she, her boyfriend and I were rushing around getting ready for a kayak/camping trip with friends on a Saturday morning. I noticed out the window the Jehovah’s Witnesses coming up my walkway. I said to my daugter’s boyfriend, “Hey Nick, the JoHos are about to knock on the door- I don’t have time for this, can you deal with them?”
He went to the door, and before opening it, dropped his pants, then opened the door in his boxers with his pants around his ankles and gasped. They gasped, too, turned around and hightailed it back down the walkway and never, ever, came back.

5 Likes

I wonder if that would work for me. The come to my street about 4 times a year. Sometime is will be 4 times in a half year. They usually ask if I speak Spanish and I say no and that’s that. And I always open the door and say “I’m not interested.” But I don’t know why they waste their time here so much.

Answering the door with your pants around your ankles? It’s worth a try :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I’m thinking without a shirt.

2 Likes

Many, many years ago, when I shared a flat with fellow students in London, they came every Saturday morning without fail. One of the other women and I opened the door in our dressing gowns with our arms lovingly around each other. They never came back.

1 Like

The laws regarding accommodation changed radically here. For now, you can’t evict long term tenants. It’s moot on long term Air guests. The point being that landlords are beholden to the state, without any kind of bailout offer or support.

It may be a year or two before we recover. Beyond that, I don’t think I want to be in the accommodation business.

I just splurted my English Breakfast tea onto my desk…lololololol

My stock reply to the JW’s was usually along the lines of:

“look, I’m really sorry but I don’t have the time for this. We’re Pagans and I’m just about to slaughter a goat out the back. Do you want to come back after our mass?”

They rarely hung about, not that for one second I thought they believed me.

I managed to get one of our daughters to say a similar spiel once. Without her make up etc she looked about fourteen years old, and she did it with such a straight face and conviction that I was expecting Social Services to come knocking on the door shortly after!

JF

3 Likes