Poor personal hygiene...how do you handle smelly guests lol

Thank you for your response. It was, unlike so many others here, kind and also useful. I appreciate your idea for the review, as I also wish to be kind but clear towards others and not some kind of online bully.

I happened to be one of five in this thread who found your post confusing at best. I’m sorry my response came across to you as mean – it wasn’t my intent. We were all to some degree trying to analyze your narrative to come up with your main point.

The one critical word I used, “disjointed”, must have struck a nerve. Sorry about that but for me, you did not communicate clearly and I was not able to offer any advice.

Okay. Thanks for your explanation, but if you couldn’t offer advice, why did you bother to comment at all. I am scratching my head about that one.

Scratch no longer. I was responding to Mearns.

1 Like

Yes, I didn’t add that after one night, I had him removed. Thanks for asking me to clarify. I was quite upset when I reached out and wasn’t calm enough to write clearly.

Is cool. Now is all fitting, yes he wouldn’t be a happy camper. I believe Airbnb in such cases doesn’t allow him to post a review in the first place, since in all likelihood be guaranteed to be ‘retaliatory’. This drinking and guests has come up before in past cases posted here, and they always have led to unfortunate situations, for the host.

I think you need to calm down, I don’t think anyone was being mean or suggesting you resign from ABB. Your post was confusing, mine are too sometimes and I’ve have got my knickers in a knot a few times on this forum but on reflection can always see how things have been misinterpreted and I’ve taken things a bit too seriously.

I wouldn’t give up so soon as it can also be fun & I do mostly meet super nice guests & the money really helps me achieve other goals I have. The forum is helpful to me in achieving this too. Just saying.

This is absolutely unnecessary. We’re all a bunch of hosts that are trying to help each other.

Your post was confusing. I am glad you came back to clarify it, and that you and your guest are OK.

2 Likes

OMG how much did that cost? Had to be way more than he paid for his room. It’s $75 or $100 for a plumber to just walk across the threshold here. Then there’s the parts and labor cost. Wow.

1 Like

Emily thank you. You are very kind. I meant I am resigning from AirBnB, which I now have. I have delisted. It got very stressful handling the quirks of new people every few days and now my son has left home I feel even more exposed to exploitation. And I don’t feel AirBnB really values small people like me. It was soul-destroying to do my best and then be marked down because of, for example, my ‘Location’ which sadly is not on Bondi Beach! Like people don’t have a map, don’t understand how expensive Sydney is (more pricey to live here than Paris) It was an assault every time. It is important to have somewhere to rest and be calm- and that is what home is for.

3 Likes