Pissed! Our first bad experience just a month after starting

It says :26$ for up to 10 guests…for private room. Meaning one room.can fit 10 people? Or
26$ for all 10 guests?

omg I would have sh!t my pants but WELL DONE :raised_hands: with your response and handling. Love your assertive manner with him and great story of how people can change and a host being asserting and direct like you were! Great story :grin:

1 Like

What a nightmare! So sorry you had to experience these fucktards!
If any comfort, we’ve all had our portion of disgusting nightmare guests but I love your husband!
Please tell me you kept these gems LOL :joy:

1 Like

I totally agree with others that you shouldn’t lower your prices and your rating will go up once you get new bookings and Airbnb’s auto-generated prompts with “warnings” or suggestions will stop.

Keep up your hard work and you’ll get through this @Tiamat

Obviously we’ve all had our share of bad guests but as several people here have already said, there are far more pleasant guests than these horrible ones.

3 Likes

No, we have three rooms each with a bed and we had an air mattress and a futon. We have a big house. But it was a mistake! And the way our listing was set up people thought they were getting an entire house. We quickly fixed things and now we allow up to 8 people on the three beds and one air mattress.

It was $26 for 4 actually. We did have an extra person fee but I actually can’t remember how much it was now because my boyfriend is the one who set it up. We quickly made things more expensive after the first few guests and he realized were majorly lowballing ourselves, lol.

Make more sense now. Thanks for explaining

1 Like

A girl’s gotta to do what a girl’s got to do :grinning:.
Or I could be shy …and clean up again after lover boy.

My personal take is not to use IB. But a lot of people use it because they feel they have to keep up. I personally would feel extremely uncomfortable having to accept everyone who sent me a booking request, though in practice I rarely say no. But I do like to have the option to do so. And I like to exchange messages with the guest(s) before accepting a booking, just in order to get a feeling of who they are. So far I’ve been fairly lucky, but I do think a certain amount of filtering would be effective in catching problematic bookings.

I also echo others who tell you not to drop your price. Make sure your price is fair and competitive, but don’t below that, or you will start attracting undesirables.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the 4 stars and the autogenerated warning, though it seems you did get that bad review deleted. Congratulations.

I’m also curious how one sends a Twitter message to Airbnb’s Legal Dept. I am aware of #AirbnbHelp. Is there something I don’t know about?

3 Likes

Hi @faheem

There isn’t a way to send a tweet to Airbnb’s legal department directly you need to go through Airbnb Help or their corporate account.

Can you outline the procedure to do that? Do you say to #AirbnbHelp to forward the message to the legal dept or what? And what is their “corporate account”?

1 Like

I don’t know what the procedure is I’m afraid as I have never had to contact them on twitter regarding a legal matter.

Corporate account = @Airbnb

Airbnb India also have an account.

If I had a legal issue I would raise it on the phone with customer services.

I’m not sure what this means. @Keith2016 links to a airhostforum account called “Airbnb” with the attached name “Keith”. I’m not sure what to make of this. Are you saying this account has something to do with Airbnb?

I am so sorry you had to go through all of this. I adored your husband’s response though! We’ve only been hosting Air BnB in our home (2 bedrooms) for a year and have had some oddballs, but 99% have been lovely.

What kind of bugs me is that you can’t get cleaning fees as you do it yourself? I do as well, and it’s like saying your time is not worth the same compensation that an outside worker’s is. The truth is, we home hosts who do everything, do everything probably twice as carefully as someone hired to come in and clean.

I would definitely bug Air BnB to take down the “stalking” review. Find out what qualifies and when you do go back to Air BnB, be sure your narrative lines up with what they need to qualify.

Don’t give up - we’ve done remarkably well with our two listings and have met some interesting and wonderful people from around the globe. We have an extensive “compendium” in the room that outlines all the do’s and don’t’s. We’re up here in Washington State and there is absolutely no smoking in the house, or within 20 feet from the house. But now that I read your post, I’m adding vaping to that a well. Yes, it’s legal. But I don’t want it inside my home.

1 Like

I’m sure @Helsi means go to or search for the username '@ Airbnb ’ on twitter (without the ’ ’ and spaces, naturally)…

1 Like

If that’s the case, it must have got “lost in translation”. :slight_smile:

That’s okay @faheem I was glad to try and help you !

Wherever you are in the world, on Twitter the way you show someone’s twitter handle is @ followed by the twitter handle in this case Airbnb.

So in the case @Airbnb

Hope that helps with the translation :slight_smile:

Hi @Helsi,

I see. I suppose that linking is something that Discource does automatically, then. Possibly understandable, but nevertheless confusing. So the Twitter account called @Keith2016 (though I thought it would be #Airbnb), is the corporate Airbnb account?

You asked for the corporate account, so yes that it what I gave you the details for. To make it easier for you here it is https://twitter.com/Airbnb

And here is @Airbnb Help https://twitter.com/AirbnbHelp

If you use a hashtag on twitter in the search function all it does is show those who use the hashtag Airbnb in their profiles and conversations, so you will get literally millions of references on Twitter and thousands of profiles.

1 Like

Yes when someone puts @ and then a name, if that name is here as a forum member it links to them. So Helsi accidentally tagged that forum member, it’s not a hyperlink to twitter. I’ve made some changes to prevent this “Keith” from being further confused with Airbnb. He’s not an active member in any case.

1 Like