Pissed! Our first bad experience just a month after starting

I am now confused.com. How did I link to a forum member :blush:

Someone joined the forum and used the forum name Airbnb. When you put @ and the letter A and popup list appeared and you clicked on “airbnb” who said his name is Keith. Or something similar. I don’t know what you did but you know how tagging works on the forum and that’s what you did. You tagged a forum member and when Faheem clicked on it, it went to Keith’s profile. I’ve gone in and changed Airbnb on the forum to Keith2016 so you can’t do it accidentally again.

Ah ha. That makes sense. I never thought of a forum member giving themselves an @Airbnb handle on here…you live and learn :blush:

You’ll see now that all the places you typed @Airbnb now say Keith2016 so now people reading the thread are going to think you are loony. LOLOLOL

3 Likes

@Helsi and @KKC,

Thank you for the clarifications.

So, if I find Airbnb customer service staggeringly useless and unhelpful, which is frequently is, would it be appropriate, if possible, to tell the “corporate” Airbnb Twitter account about it? Though I suspect they are more interested in “marketing” stories.

What is the issue you want to discuss with them? In most cases they will just refer your query back to their customer services account if it is host related.

Using twitter does in some cases move things forward a bit more quickly if you have a guest issue.

As I mentioned before have a look at the Airbnb India account too.

Thats why I used spaces when I typed it out, I wanted to get away from Keith and towards Twitter.

1 Like

Oh Lordy @KKC let me go back and edit or people are going to think I am more loopy then they already do!!!

3 Likes

You can post a public reply to a guest’s review. You might want to mention the vomit.

2 Likes

How cam they review you if they cancelled?

I would mention the vomit, that is disgusting.

@Perimaud They didn’t cancel. I wish they had.

I usually do my own, too, unless I have 2 back to back tours (with my other business) when I call in a very reliable local house cleaner, who turns a room around in about 20 minutes or a half hour (I have hardwood floors, which helps). But if I had to have a guest pay for extra cleaning, I would use one of my other businesses to invoice the BnB business for my work cleaning. The same for making any carpentry/painting repairs. Then I would send the invoices as a resolution request.

1 Like

But there’re odorless vapes which don’t make any harm to people or furniture around. one can truly find a safe vape, it’s just up to the desire