Picky mattress guest

Had to follow up with airbnb after waiting 2 days. They removed his review, stating that he was inaccurate and was unfair of him to do since I had fully refunded him the day of. Thanks so much!!!

4 Likes

So sorry to hear this. Some people have specific issues. My recent one was flooring. They said ours was dirty and unpleasant which was amusing as it had been newly laid weeks previously wood flooring costing a considerable sum a highlight of the property. An estate agent valuer went googly over it saying it was a winner hadnā€™t seen better in alongtime. Let the review get buried and enjoy all the lovely reviews I am sure you have ahead of you!

1 Like

It can really depend on what guest is used to at home! Iā€™ve got relatively firm mattresses here in most all of my cottages as felt that they can get softer over time but a soft one will never get firmer.
Had one guest that just left who said it was too firm for him, yet others have said same one is a bit too soft! If heā€™s mentioned it, i could have given him a foam pad top to help a bit but he didnā€™t ask. He was a directly booked guest so no worry about a bad review.

@Yen1 Glad to hear everything worked out with the review. Itā€™s irrelevant to the current situation now, but I think itā€™s odd that the only question he asked was what year the mattress was made. This isnā€™t a good gauge of how firm it is but rather may give an idea of whether the springs might be broken or if it sags in the middle. Being the crazy mattress man he is, he should know to ask what type of mattress, memory foam vs coil, firm vs plush, to better assess whether the mattress might fit his needs. Heā€™s doomed to be unhappy at any Airbnb if he doesnā€™t know how to extreme vet a mattress.

1 Like

LOL. Something else to keep us awake at night.

4 Likes