Phone number to reach Airbnb in England

It really is such a dichotomy, the way they talk about things like discrimination in such sensitive tones, as if they are so filled with respect for all, then talk to hosts as if we are something they dragged in on their shoe.

A guest can claim they were discriminated against because of their race, when they got kicked out for bad behavior, and Airbnb’s response is to turn around and discriminate against the host by suspending their listing without warning, based solely on an unproven claim. Then, if they unsuspend the listing, it comes with a warning never to do again what led to the suspension. You know, that thing you never did in the first place, but which somehow counts against you anyway.
It’s not only discriminatory and rude, it’s insane.

2 Likes

It seems you can have a ring doorbell if it’s disclosed but god forbid a guest doesn’t like it.
I’ve asked to have the review deleted , I’ll let you know

1 Like

I totally agree, I would go direct to Aibnb as let’s face it the guests really don’t care, As I approached the guest and asked them to amend the booking I’m in the wrong as she thinks I was spying!!! She just was annoyed she got caught out

2 Likes

So no help from Airbnb to get extra payment from the guest. They’ve passed me to at least 10 different people. Now they’re saying they’ll pass it on again !!!
Just a joke really, I’ve got no hope as they just don’t listen

So question is there’s guests arrived today from the States.
They booked for 2 adults and the doorbell shows 2 men and a teenager.
How do I go about asking them to amend the booking ? I just can’t go through the whole nightmare again, do I just overlook it ?
It clearly states in my listing that after 2 people the extra person in £30 per person per night.
The amount of people who are liars in untrue !!!

Any advice , shall I just report it to Airbnb ? They are staying for 6 days so it’s quite a while.

Thanks for reading

1 Like

how many towels did you leave them? is there bedding for the extra person?

perhaps someone has a polite way to say “hey, if you have an extra guest please let us know, there’s an extra fee, and we can drop off extra linen too”

1 Like

Yes the bed is made up and as they’re staying 6 days I leave a couple of extra towels .

Good idea though thank you very much

an extra guest is extra hot water, extra toilet use, and these are your bigger concerns over “energy” use, cos 2 or 3 people use the same amount of lighting, and anyway, lights cos very little to run. But an extra person having a 30min shower… yes, that’s a real cost.

I don’t want to be judgy about they type of people who’d sneak in an extra guest. when we used to travel as a family of 5, it was so hard to find places catering to 2 adults and 3 kids, we often booked for 2/2 and then snuck in the extra kid, but we were so overly careful to be great guests, this was long before any review systems even existed! As much as I want to believe people like me still exist, I don’t see it. we had a group of guys stay after a wedding and they snuck in an extra, he slept on the couch, they didn’t even bother to remove the pillow and sheet from the sofa when they checked out…

2 Likes

It’s a standard response from Airbnb @Spark

First question

1. Do you have any concerns about the welfare of the teenager . What did the guests say was the purpose of their stay when they booked?

2. Do you have a bed for the teenager ?

If you’re both happy with the purpose of their stay and you have room - contact the guest and say it sounds like they made an error in their booking. As the booking has started you would need to get Airbnb to amend the booking .

1 Like

No no concerns, it’s a family gathering by the sounds of it, maybe they just to bought it didn’t matter if there were 3 not 2

1 Like

Yes had people sleep on the couches :rofl:

Then if you have space charge them. If you don’t ask them to accommodate the teenager elsewhere @Spark