Petty annoyances or real issues?

Bob…yes… The classic guest who didn’t read one word of your rules before coming. Not a good sign that things will go smoothly. Leave that guy a bad review.

Guests that leave for the day and leave the AC on!!! I have a small reminder sign by the door to please turn off AC when you leave but a few guests have left it on.They may be gone 8 hrs and my AC is on in an empty room, that bugs me.

1 Like

Our house rules clearly say “no pets” and the girl renting our house this weekend, while we’re out of town, saw that we had a dog (that’s being kenneled) and insisted we allow them to bring her friend’s dog stating it is: small, hypoallergenic, house-trained, etc. I politely declined, initially, but then she insisted we could make an exception. Sorry, but house rules stand. My dog is: hypoallergenic, only four pounds, and is very, well house-trained (she even rings a bell); however, if she doesn’t get the attention she demands, she WILL poop and pee on the floor–I get upset, and that’s MY dog in MY (brand new) house. And, let’s face it: these girls will be partying and not paying attention to a dog.

She’s asked three times and now I feel as if they know we’re not going to be home to even see if there’s a dog and will bring it anyway. What do I do if I find they do/did bring the dog?

Personally I would call Airbnb and say you would like to them to let you cancel without penalty due to the repeated demands to bring the pet and your not trusting that they will leave it at home. It is a risk. Otherwise be prepared to charge for resolutions when you find damage (urinated on beds was my biggest thing with dogs that were promised to be wonderful little house trained dogs. The lying that guests did really broke my trust in people). I hope you have a deposit.

2 Likes