Petition to ask AIRBNB to show guest reviews before we (as host) write our review

Thank you. I do review 95% of the time.

“one of the daftest things?” - you consider this as a ‘normal’ thing to say?

Absolutely I do. You’ve already established in your original post that you don’t speak your mind about guests in order to help your fellow hosts.

Well, if I see something that’s daft, I say so.

6 Likes

Flag it however you like. I used the term stupid because it’s public forum, read into that what you will.

Seriously, did you hide the mixer?

:laughing:

JF

1 Like

What about the other 5%?

Let me guess, they are the ones other hosts may be grateful for the heads up.

JF

3 Likes

And you are a moderator? Was it a daft to suggest a petition? Oh well, that’s really too bad that you make people feel that they should not ask a question because God forbid you would find it daft.

It seems to me that your concern as a host is misplaced when you asked if I hid the mixer? I placed items that should not be used behind the sofa and these are items that are scheduled to be transferred to my other homes. The kitchen aid mixer weighed about 30 pounds and it is surprising to me that a guest would steal it.

It seems that other hosts here agree with me if you read the responses above. But you go ahead, Nothing I can say will change your life and nothing you say will change mine. So go ahead and petition Airbnb if you want to. But presumably you posted here to get the opinions of other hosts?

Yes I asked for other people’s comments - not insults.

1 Like

And my comment is that it’s daft. The end.

At issue isn’t a question of how you host, but rather how you review or, specifically that you fail to review 5% of your guests if you have nothing good to say. Some of us feel that is a disservice to the community.

3 Likes

It is surprising to me that you thought it safe behind a sofa!

Anyway, I’ll leave you to your homes in París and London, and your stupid petition. Unless of course you say something provacative :slight_smile:

JF

3 Likes

You would have to have an idea of or known about the layout of the sofa and what’s behind it before you can wonder why I thought it safe to put it behind the sofa.

You would attack the guest (write a bad review them) only if you knew the guest attacked you (wrote a bad review for you) first. That is, by definition, retaliation. Look it up.

If you’re also saying that you would write a good review for the guest if the guest wrote a good review for you, then that would make all of your reviews untrustworthy. But, given your responses in this thread where you obviously don’t take criticism well, and you said that the only time you don’t write a review is if you have nothing good to say about a guest, I don’t think you would use your knowledge of the guest’s review of you for anything but retaliation, and unfortunately, many other hosts would abuse it the same way.

5 Likes

No they aren’t going to go back to a system where whomever reviews first gets screwed. I agree that they are more likely to do away with reviews completely that to re-implement this idea.

2 Likes

So the reviews were not always double blind? I had no idea.

RR

2 Likes

No. I started in May 2014 and it wasn’t double blind when I started.

1 Like

Wow, so review first and if its bad get slammed! I guess waiting to the last minute would be even more important in that case. I hate reviews, I wish they would do away with them completely.

RR

Would you really do away with reviews entirely?

I agree that they can be problematic—either unfairly negative or unfairly positive. But it’s the best we’ve got. At least if there is a bad review of a potential guest, it’s something a host can consider.

What would you do instead of reviews?

1 Like

I really dislike the way the whole world now is run on reviews and as a host I so often feel held hostage by them. Sometimes I feel battered by them, as i have done my best and still they are not happy. Latest one got a late checkout, made sure he was able to pick up his charger he left behind… 4 stars on value and the stay…every review prior to that was 5. So now I am being bitched at by the algorithm that I have recent low ratings!

1 Like