Pet fee and Your Porter app (channel manager)

Hi, is anyone here using Your Porter app?

I’ve just started using it for my homes and have it set up to sync everything with Airbnb & VRBO (prices/photos/descriptions/settings). I’m very happy with it but I’m running into a problem with the pet fee on VRBO.

I’ve always allowed doggies with an additional fee. I was recently in conversations with a potential guest. She was ready to book then shared that she thought my property (VRBO) was pet friendly but it says its not. She ultimately made the reservation but I started doing some checking.

Specifically, my home on VRBO comes up as pet friendly when you do the search. My home is the “Comfy Craftsman”:

When you select it to make the reservation/get additional information, please see that on the right hand side it now says “Pets are not allowed”.

I’ve reached out to Your Porter customer service and the agent that responded (email only) said they only do ical updates, which is an option but I’m using the full sync option. I’m awaiting for another reply from them but in the meantime I thought I’d ask if anyone else has dealt with this.

By the way, if you’re looking for your own website, Your Porter, comes with a website builder option that’s pretty nice - although it doesn’t look like there’s a pet fee option on it. :frowning:

@erincerinc

As far as I’m aware, unless you have five or more listings on VRBO/HA, then the only synch available is iCal.

This is a limitation set by VRBO/HA, not the channel manger. We are in the same position, Airbnb and BDC fully synched but not, in our case HA.

We have to configure all HA settings manually, which to be honest isn’t a massive job. It’s the fact that the iCal synch is both slow and unreliable that is my major concern, which can lead to potential double booking.

JF

Thank you for the info. Yes, I forgot about that. I have opened a technical ticket with VRBO so hopefully that’ll help. It was interesting that I noticed this issue right after setting things up.

On a side note, I am using their auto snooze and other features to boost my home’s visibility and it’s showed a 104% increase. I checked after I received 3 reservations in close succession. :slight_smile:

Now if they’d only add a pet fee option to their website builder functionality!

They don’t have to, it’s already there.

Go to “Rates Settings”, then “Fees” and you have the facility to add a pet fee, either by per stay or by per night.

JF

I was hoping that Your Porter would add the pet fee functionality. They responded that it’s on their list.

I’ve already added it to VRBO, just need to get the technical ticket fixed so it works again! Ugh!

JohnF

April 27

SpokaneFiveStar:
Now if they’d only add a pet fee option to their website builder functionality!

They don’t have to, it’s already there.

Go to “Rates Settings”, then “Fees” and you have the facility to add a pet fee, either by per stay or by per night.

JF

Hey @SpokaneFiveStar,

Although we sync rates and availability with HomeAway/VRBO in addition to iCal sync, we do not control the content (your listing) at the moment. Therefore I believe VRBO customer support should solve this issue as it seems like it is a glitch on their end. Showing per-friendly on a page and then showing an opposite alert is strange. :slight_smile:

We added some more tax/fee types in the last version and we are working on optional fees and extra services at the moment. I will keep you updated.