Paypal payments not working

Just a heads up. I’ve spent all day trying to find out why I wasn’t paid for my last guest as usual. Eventually, after holding for about 1/2 hour (and I am a SuperHost), they say they are having trouble releasing payments through PayPal. I’ve been promised it will be sorted in 24hours. So, heaven knows why they couldn’t have told me that when I first messaged them 10 hours ago. But I hope this info will save some of you wasting your time.

Thanks for posting this.

I had a guest check in Friday, and check out this morning (Sunday). I typically receive payment to PayPal the day after check-in. CS told me (last night) that PayPal is 24-48 hours, which I questioned them on because it had always been 24 hours.
Still waiting, even after the guests have checked out.

UPDATE: Payment did appear Sunday evening. I’m not sure it was within the 48 hour window; that’s dependent on when the start the clock.

I’ve seen mention of lots of payment problems for Airbnb hosts on the internet, not just on this forum, but other places as well, for the last few days. It seems to be “going around”.

1 Like

It’s the time of year. From memory it was not dissimilar last year as well.

On the subject of PayPal, which I know a lot of hosts use, I’m not sure if I would.

I’ve had a PayPal account for close on twenty years now, and so far had no real issues. However, there doesn’t appear to be any real regulation of their business (as a whole) and little protection for the consumer (user) in the event of a dispute.

JF

Thanks to all. I’ve just been paid. The delay was about 36 hours

JohnF

January 5

It’s the time of year. From memory it was not dissimilar last year as well.

On the subject of PayPal, which I know a lot of hosts use, I’m not sure if I would.

I’ve had a PayPal account for close on twenty years now, and so far had no real issues. However, there doesn’t appear to be any real regulation of their business (as a whole) and little protection for the consumer (user) in the event of a dispute.

JF

I’ve never seen payment (direct deposit) faster than four days. Had a couple check in on 12/25 and check out on 12/30, the same day my account was credited for their stay.

Guest checked in last night (1/4). This afternoon I get this email; We’ve issued you a payout of $xx.xx. This should arrive in your account by Jan 13, 2020, taking into consideration weekends and holidays.

I hope to see it Wednesday. These 24, heck even 48 hour payouts sounds nice!