Panic attack, hidden dirt, need advice

In our model, the control panel is inside at the top and only accessible when the doors are open. The technique still worked fine for us. Our model was purchased around 2012 so yours is perhaps similar.

I had a French door fridge bought during mercury retrograde. I knew in the store I was going to have pb with it because this is what you get when you buy during mercury retrograde but I was what the heck, who believes in astrology anyway? Guess what? I had only problems with it. Two years later it died. I bought a whirlpool with excellent reviews, fingerprints resistant and I’m very happy with it. Oh, and I made sure the purchase was not made when mercury was retrograde.

2 Likes

Those kind of guests are just plain mean. That kind of hidden dirt is the stuff that gets cleaned during spring cleaning. It doesn’t affect the quality of their stay at all. I’m sorry that you went through this.

2 Likes

Mine is French doors and the control panel is on the left door panel on the outside with the water and ice cube dispenser.

I’m beginning to think my entire life is mercury in retrograde…

So true!

yes exactly.

Ha, ha, good one

1 Like

Ours is also a french door. One of those videos should be the same or very close to exactly what you need.

It is merely a matter of figuring out “which 2 buttons to hold” for 10-12 sec to get into Diag Mode.
Then, it is simply to hit buttons until you get Fd (forced defrost). If there is a LOT of ice, run Fd twice.

1 Like

@JJD, @Jefferson, @jaquo; @Suntory, @Jefferson and all the hosts who kindly provided input on the guests who went looking for dust behind the refrigerator and so on. Indeed, they left the unit better than it was before; they actually replaced small items such as drain covers.
I received notification that they had posted a review but, alas, after I completed my review, there was no guest review at all. Totally baffling.

Try refreshing the page?

RR

@MissMiami In case you aren’t aware, reviews don’t necessarily appear in chronological order. So your most recent guests’ review may not be at the top- it could be anywhere, really, in your review list.

1 Like

MissMiami,
I have never heard of people moving appliances or furniture just to find something you need to clean. The majority of people who would stay with you would not do this. One thing is certain, you need to calm down and let it go. I had a guest once who obviously did not read all the information on my listing. His final review stated that it was too noisy. Just to let everyone know, my unit(s) are 2 miles from Disney in a Timeshare resort. The buildings are like apartments. Now who would not expect boisterous children happy to go to see Mickey Mouse early in the morning? These guests apparently wanted to sleep in. Others complained that the sales staff, whose job it is to sell vacation timeshare weeks, bothered them too much. You can only control that which you can control and you cannot control screaming children or salespeople doing their job. The only thing you can do is mention the items to your cleaning crew and ask that they be vigilant in their cleaning.

2 Likes

well said, and makes a lot of sense

1 Like

“Ah, I see the problem, sir: Your warranty has expired!”

2 Likes