Owners are selling their STR

If you don’t understand why, there is no explaining it to you.

I would suggest there is no explaining anything to you, you have already told us you are more qualified than actual hosts on all matters concerning hosting. This is a forum for hosts, I am getting tired of your negativity, clearly you do not like hosts so maybe you should find another forum to spout off on.

RR

1 Like

My suggestion to give notice was addressed to OP’s concern about renters with existing bookings suddenly being cancelled out, and her expressed personal position that this is not the right way to treat people. By giving notice on the sale date, she would not be a participant in that, although she’d lose some income.
The other thing she could do is inform the owners that as soon as the listing is active, she will message the guests to that effect: “Please note the house was put on the market on xx/xx. In the event of a change in ownership, your reservation may be cancelled by the host.” The owners might end their contract with her due to that, or they might not. They would have to find another manager on short notice.

3 Likes

A couple years ago I received a hostile message from a future guest. She was curious about the neighborhood and checked Zillow for their ratings and other information.

She wrote me a scathing message about seeing my condo listed for sale and how horrible I was for letting them book when I had no intention of them staying. I was ruining their family vacation. She had heard about unethical hosts and was never going to use Airbnb again. They were looking for a different place to stay.

She was correct a condo very much like mine was for sale. 2nd floor above mine so the exterior pics were the same, same kitchen, same bathroom but not my condo. I explained it to her.

Point being is the guest(s) and cohost may find the listing for sale. If it catches them by surprise, it will become one more negative story about Airbnb rentals and taints those of us trying to treat others as we would like to be treated.

1 Like

As Brian rightly said “The exact amount is $0.”

As several of us have said above from personal experience. And hosts complain that guests don’t read. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Isn’t the very reason you explain anything to anyone because they don’t understand?

FYI, as a guest, I once booked a 7-day reservation a month in advance days only to have it cancelled 3 days before check-in. The reason given was that the property was being sold. I didn’t think that was unethical, but I certainly did wonder if that excuse was a cover-up for something that might be.