Other houseshare sites

I’ve read other hosts also have their property listed on other sites…i’d love to know what others there are & if theyre recommended…
Thanks for any input!

1 Like

Do you mean for homeshare listings?

Yes,to know other sites to post my space on…

There really isn’t anything, as far as I’m aware. VRBO only accepts entire house listings, not homeshares, and I’m not sure about booking.com, but as a homeshare host myself, I would never use that site, as all their bookings are Instant book, and I want to be able to communicate with guests who I will be sharing my home with before accepting them. Those are the two main str players other than Airbnb.
There’s a site called Homestay, that I researched several years ago, but that’s more like a site where hosts are expected to sort of welcome guests into the family household, provide meals, etc. so geared more towards something like longer-term student housing, rather than just booking a room for a night or a week.

And there’s a site called Golightly, which I have been meaning to list on, but just haven’t gotten around to it. It’s relatively unknown, but I figured it might be worth a try. They are a site designed for female travelers- only females can open an account, although male guests are okay- they just have to be accompanied by the female account holder.

2 Likes

Hi…i just looked into a female only travelling hostess,but its a free stay for travellers.ill look into golightly! Thanks for the info!

I would recommend Houfy. I’ve been on it for several years and use it mostly for people who return. There’s no cost to you and none to the guest. They do NO advertising for you, you have to do that work yourself. Join the Say Yes to Houfy Facebook page and read some of the past posts to learn more.

2 Likes

The owner of this forum wrote this post. I think it would be accurate to say that Dtravel is the site that would be most recommended here.

I think it depends on where the OP is located, I have had a listing on Houfy since the start, but I have never had one inquiry from them.

I also have never had neither an inquiry or a booking on Furnished Finder. I did get a bunch of ‘suggested’ guests,but still nothing even when I reached out to them. Have no idea why!

I have signed up as a host on livekindred - it’s a home swap site geared more towards people who rent their space out once or twice a year. Idea is guests only pay a cleaning fee. But I tried for an upcoming Spring Break trip with my family and ultimately chose an airbnb as a guest.

Another one to try is rebnb. They are a direct host to guest platform that doesn’t take any fees. Hosts can share which payments methods they accept - venmo, cash, paypal, zelle, even crypto. They do reviews and even have a calendar blocking feature. Loving them, but you need to get your guest over there as they are a new startup and don’t have that many eyes. It’s a chrome extension that sits on top of airbnb. Super cool. rebnb.xyz is the site.

I have been using Furnished Finder (travel nurses) for about six years during my off season and have had nurses, doctors, emergency veterinarians, lab scientists stay at my STR. I think it matters how close you are to a hospital since we are about 15 miles away from 3 facilities. I really like it since I write the rental agreement and set the terms and have had a few small issues but nothing major! Recently the annual fee has gone up from $99.00 to $149.00 which is still a huge bargain since there are no other fees and I get direct pay.

1 Like

Does anyone know of a site where current HOSTS can exchange vacations homes? I have a vacation home in S.W. Florida that I live very close to but I would love to visit elsewhere. I have made numerous suggestions on AIRBNB (where I list my property) for them to provide a platform for hosts to switch vacation homes, but never get anything positive. I have even suggested that we (hosts) provide AIRBNB a small fee for accessing this platform.