Only in (my location) jokes: Share yours!

I actually only make sure the kitchen is spotless when guests are due to arrive. First impressions and all. Once they’re in residence, I tell them I’m not the kind of person who jumps up and washes the dishes immediately after I eat- I basically let a sink full pile up on the counter and wash them all at once (I don’t have a dishwasher). And I’ll often tell a guest, if I already have a pile there, to just leave their dirty coffee cup with the rest, one more thing isn’t any big deal. Sometimes guests will wash mine if they’re washing a meal’s worth of their own. I get pretty relaxed guests who tend to behave more like good roommates.

I stay more on top of it if I have a guest who likes to cook a lot, so they have a clean kitchen to work in, than if it’s a guest who eats out all the time and only uses the kitchen to keep some beer in the fridge, make coffee, or get some water.

2 Likes

I was in the ASU infirmary for over a week after being bitten by one near Scottsdale. It was not pleasant. I was told I could have died.

1 Like

Yes, those little almost transparent ones pack a big wallop. There are those type and larger brown ones where I live. I got stung on the base of my thumb by a little one a couple years ago and it took 4 months for the feeling to work its way back up to the tip of my thumb. It was totally numb for about 2 months.

Spot on. My slogan for cleaining is “Clean like new”.
Does it look new? No? Then its not clean.
Particularly something like a toilet. Most are very easy to clean like new. Porcelain ones anyway.

But I also have to say, there are some people that simply cannot see dirt. They will clean a bathroom and leave toothpaste droppings on the chromework, spider webs around the cieling and mold in the shower.

1 Like

Mine is “if it can shine, it should shine”. I polish everything within an inch of its life. :slight_smile:

LaZoom tour company. Can’t make this stuff up :joy:

1 Like