Ongoing issues with smokers

Great first post, welcome to the forum.

RR

I absolutely love that! Welcome. I look forward to other suggestions from you on how to deal with jerky guests.

Brilliant suggestion…in the end, right up o the wire, they wrote a 5* review which surprised me, was expecting not to get one at all

Thanks again all
In future, when I get awful guests, I will wait until 2 days before the deadline to write my review, then when it looks like they won’t will edit to quote their text or airbnb message that they had a great time - I still don’t think it’s fair that we hosts don’t get longer than 48 hours friom first writing to edit a review, cvan’t see the logic in that at all
In this case they did write a last second 5* review

I do supply outdoor ashtrays…these are the kind of guests who aren’t really bothered. I have had guests in the past who found clean pillowcases in a drawer in my storage area and used one as a plate. There is really no knowing what strange guests will do

I use large(ish) plant pots filled with sand and they are definitely used,

1 Like

I have a section in my info book saying
“ if you must smoke please do it outside and put the butts in the bin”
I have had no problem with anyone smoking. However, if I smell it when chatting with them , I ask them to smoke outside.

1 Like

We have a large yard with several seating areas. I put one of those French vintage brass ashtrays with the plunger on a little table next to a chair that’s on its own and it gets used and with no problems.

Our listing says “no smoking” but I mention in the house rules that it is fine to smoke in the yard. In the house manual I mention it again and say to please avoid open windows and non-smokers. We live near two large destination dispensaries so I’m not going to fight it and, honestly, I don’t mind. It’s worked out perfectly fine.

2 Likes

Open windows can lead to defenestration.

And non-smokers can be annoying, can’t they?

Ha ha. I assume there is a typo here or I am especially dense this morning. [Please, no comments on that.]

3 Likes

It means don’t smoke near an open window so that the smoke doesn’t waft into the house (from the yard).

But points for defenestration :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ahh. I get it. I guess it’s not just guests who can be clueless.

1 Like

@Lozette, I’m fascinated by “I have a moulted.”

Sounds like an old snake skin! :wink:

1 Like

Hilarious!! Predictive text does it again!! I can’t think what word or words it rearranged, maybe ‘information’.
I might leave moulted in my post , just to see if anyone has read it!!

3 Likes