Ongoing glitch that opens calendar days -- anyone else?

Hi everyone. Been hosting 7 years and this one is a first for me but maybe not for others. If so could you get very specific on the solution if you know what the issue was?

For several weeks now Airbnb has not been able to fix a glitch which keeps opening calendar days that I have blocked. These open dates happen 9 months ahead – so it’s been a rolling issue. Earlier this week they told me they solved it but they haven’t.

I don’t have any other calendars or hosting engines (e.g. OwnerRez) connected to my Airbnb calendar. I unstalled and reinstalled the Airbnb app, and I’ve made all my blocks using airbnb.com, all suggested by Airbnb but to no avail.

This may suprise many, but Airbnb recognized it’s them not me (are we breaking up here LOL) and restored my Superhost status and refunded me the cancellation fee when I had to cancel a reservation that came through and my property wasn’t available. Surprise, surprise!

Airbnb does occasionally do the right thing. What’s disturbing is that when they do, we are surprised. :wink:

I haven’t had blocked days open up, as far as I’m aware, and don’t use IB, so wouldn’t have to cancel a confirmed booking, but I have read of other hosts experiencing this glitch on other forums.

2 Likes

what happens when you shorten availability?

I just got a message from CS that I should change from the 9 month availability window to “unavailable by default.” I can see from their perspective how that solves random date openings, but what I’m unclear about is the go-foward effort on my end. Now I have to go in and open every date I want open from here on out?

I know how to select multiple days to change availability, but that’s overall a lot more trouble than just going in, as I did before, and selecting only those days I want blocked. Does anyone else have theirs “unavailable by default” and can explain it?

Well, that didn’t go well. Just to see what would happen, I did change the availability window to “unavailable” and not one minute later I got a Messenger ding and a former customer said, “hey, all your calendar dates for this year are not available. Is that a glitch?”

She added she was just looking at the calendar to book and when they all were blocked she panicked. :rage: :upside_down_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: