One hour hold for CS

So I had a IB and Air applied a 10% discount, just because? I looked at my listings and low and behold both my listings had a “promotion” applied for dates in July that I did not set up. I called CS and after the phone tree and we emailed you a verification please respond was told the wait would be in excess of one hour.

The discount was $35 I value my time at far more than $35 an hour so I cancelled the guest as uncomfortable, she did not message ahead of booking with a dog contrary to my house rules. This happens a lot and I just do a resolution request, I could not even do that because the reservation was not fully paid for.

I deleted the fake unauthorized promotion before cancelling, I told the guest I was sorry but she needed to send a inquiry to book since she was bringing a dog. When she goes back the price will be increased. I really hope she moves on to another listing.

I am so PO’d at Air right now, this is entirely on them and a huge waste of time, and a waste of one of my “free” cancellations. When I cancelled on someone almost a year ago they took me off IB for awhile even though it was supposed to be penalty free.

Thanks for listening to my vent/rant

GRRRRRR

RR

5 Likes

Augh, that is frustrating. Btw - noticed with a reservation received today that my cancellation policy was changed to moderate from strict. Site is twitchy again …

🤦🤦🤦

1 Like

A host on the CC reported the same thing- some guest had gotten a "promotion " price, which the host never set- the guest booked at $14 instead of the actual price of $70. Many reports of cancellation policies changing on their own, as well as discounts.
I’m beginning to think these are not glitches- that Airbnb is doing it on purpose.

2 Likes

Since all the layoffs, I’ve had better luck with the Chat feature. Use a laptop / desktop with an open window, and then just go about work in a different window.

Thanks for the heads up on the pricing glitches.

2 Likes

I read reports of this in a couple of other places. It seems damn sneaky. I wanted to be able to keep an eye out for it on my listings. I’ve never set a promotion before - where do I look? If there is one on there, where would I find it?

Did you opt-in to the Covid responders thing? There’s a discount in there. Do you think it’s related?

Go to the multi calendar and then click on the individual listing and it will show available promotions and applied promotions.

So I figured it out, I did allow the promotion but it was BS the way they pitched it. “offer a 10% promotion to encourage local travel for 7 days” (maybe not exact wording but close) . I thought I was setting a 10% discount for a 7 day stay, but what I did was set a 10% discount over a 7 day period.

The guest I cancelled asked to book including the dog fee and I sent a special offer, she booked. I allowed the discount, offset by dog fee because it was not her fault.

I will never click on any of that BS from air again.

RR

2 Likes

There’s not any. I guess I don’t get to use promotions for some reason. It’s okay, because I wouldn’t anyway.

Oh good. That’s a relief really.

1 Like