One day from the life of Airbnb host

True. I am
Not planning to close mine . Also talking to others I can see that with IB I make much more money than those who are not. I ended up nearing 30k for 2 rooms net! I can charge significantly more than not IB as my guests most are emergencies and my prices are still lower than hotels

1 Like

Exactly - you can come up with 100 questions to weed out all the problems youā€™ve had in the past, and then the next guests will come up with something new and then your list is 101. Iā€™ve found that at times I have a great correspondence with guests and then they show up and drive me crazy, and Iā€™ve found the total opposite to be true.

However, my experience is, hardly anyone uses IB! They still write and ask questions. I love it love it love it when I get an IB and they say ā€œHi, my name isā€¦Iā€™m coming to DC with ā€¦because we want toā€¦ā€. I know thatā€™s going to be an easy guest!!!

1 Like

With me 90% of my guests just book in IB without asking anything . I think my location 10 min to airport makes a big difference. I also mention that Uber ride is only 8$.
I do like few days booking more because itā€™s less work with bed changing and cleaning but most of my guests are 1-2 days. Many of them I never meet. They come late and leave early in a morning

LOL. Cue Marlon Brandoā€¦ ā€œitā€™s not personalā€¦ itā€™s just business.ā€

1 Like

WHOA! Good work Yana! Iā€™m always under 20K for one private studio in the country. But my situation is truly a holiday one in most casesā€¦ not a utility one. I just hosted my first business traveler after almost six years of hosting. He was an entomologist here to meet with community leaders about mosquito issues.

Iā€™m comfortable with most guests, so I have been debating turning instant book on,. I approve most my inquiries within minutes of a request to book, only declining those who ask for something I donā€™t offer (too many guests, airport pickup, want to make off-site arrangements). I would cancel these guests if I had IB on and they booked with me. My main fear is AirBnB relocating problem guests with me, who got kicked out of their other AirBnB place. Presumably they send problem-guests to hosts with IB and same-day requests turned on.

Xena, not nesesarily. I am hosting for a year now and not once I had a relocated guest . I had guests though who rented something and it was awful so they rented me the last minute. And were very happy here.
I really donā€™t know if I am able to answer all these inquiered without people booking. They inquire several people at thesame time and then pick. For me itā€™s too much going back and forth . I think if you rent just a room in your house it at least worth to try with IB. I would not recommend it though with separate units, there I would be very cautious.
For example I would not host very young people in separate house, in my own they are very much welcome

1 Like

True, I am a layover rental. Though those who stayed for a week were very happy with location and room. House is very quiete. We are never home. There are no pets or kids. And we are only 10 minutes to the beach. With bus across the street. For the price itā€™s s excellent deal. Hope next year I will have returning guests.

1 Like