On the Edge of the Cliff / Screaming Kids / Talk me down?

They didn’t throw them away - just left them laying around in the clutter. No, they didn’t say a thing. When I messaged the dad he said he had no idea. But he did offer to pay for them.

These are toys that were my daughters and have importance to me.

Time for a trip to the thrift store for toys I don’t care about. I can save my toys for friends that visit.

(slaps forehead) 'cause I’m an idiot and didn’t even think about it.

Thanks so much - I’ll remember that in the future.

Love my fellow hosts!!!

1 Like

Sounds like it’s time to take IB off.

1 Like

You just described my nightmare. I hope everything works out with your health issue and your crazy guests. I have 2 simple words for you which I promise will not ruin your business and will ensure that you have a higher quality of life:
NO KIDS

1 Like

The idea that they IBd instead of enquiring also gives away the idea that they are newbies. I would never use IB and I don’t take kids under 12.

1 Like

Just contact them through the messaging system.

Dear guest, thank you for your booking, but I’m sorry, your party is over my clearly stated allowed occupancy, and I will not be honouring this booking. Please cancel your reservation or contact AirBnB for assistance.
Sincerely, me (who isn’t going to do your dirty work. :))

You don’t have to bend over backwards when it’s the guest in the wrong and there is no way that AirBnB would not side with you on this.

2 Likes