OK, I know I should be used to it by now

Yes of course. In fact, my listing has already been suspended twice, for five days each, because of low ratings. I was pretty surprised to see that the second suspension was five days, too - I had expected this to last longer. Pretty excited to learn for how long the third suspension will be.

Of course I am taking action and improving cleanliness. But you know, Rome wasn’t built in a day. This is a big effort and it takes time to implement.

hi, on a forum, a host put the guest review guidelines with the reasonable explanation of each criteria listed. i printed those out and my Host laminated the page and leaves it on the Master bed.
also,vi email the guest before/just after they leave to find out if there’s anything that we did not do, provide, etc. that would prevent our getting 5 stars. i explain the importance of feedback and 5 stars. LOCATION is always misunderstood and should be eliminated from the criteria. replace it with something easily understood like “Host was courteous and friendly”…?

2 Likes

Yes, me too. I had a guest give me 5 stars across the board except that stupid value. I asked him for suggestions on how I could improve that because he said in his review how reasonable my rates are! Aargh!

1 Like

Location as a criteria makes no sense. our property shows up on a map so no surprises there. people can google what the area looks like if they do their research. guests never understand how to rate that.

1 Like

Just picked this up at home depot to restore brownish grout to the original Ivory color. I was not ready to take the leap and change the grout to a darker color. Yet anyway! will follow up on how it turns out. Thanks for the tip!

I’m currently still awake at 2am because I’ve dropped a couple of stars lately, and I know why :frowning:
And while I’m here, just had a bathroom done with light grey, and dark grey tiles, matt finish, dark grout, love them.

11 Likes

Lovely!!! I like those double decker showers. Don’t see them much here!

These look great, Barns - very smart. I might pinch the look for our new flat in Cape Town … no white grout anymore. Ever!

I’ve not got them in all our shower rooms - trying to clean a shower stall with a “rainshower” head is no fun!

I have to stand on a little stool to clean the head of my rain shower. Not fun.

1 Like

White grout is a pain to clean. I now have Fibo wall panels in ‘Concrete’ in my shower. Everyone loves it.

Barns, so hipster! 20 times hipster!

2 Likes

I need to delete that image from my brain.

1 Like

I wasn’t inviting you to create any picture in your brain. You might have an overactive imagination.

thankyou for clarifying and being very literal

2 Likes

I guess host wouldn’t have a problem with the grade if it was at least explained in the private feedback. Given the friendly relationship, I guess she at least deserves that. I understand that it is too embarrasing to say it to your friendly’s host face, but it is even worse to dinge someone on cleanliness without any explanation. If it was soemthing else like value or location, well then I guess there’s no need to explain your personal preferences. But cleanliness is a more sensitive issue and as a host, I would like to know what I overlooked.

Actually, there does seem to be the possibility of specifying exactly what the problem is on the review from a guest … I have not-so-fond memories of the Spanish señora 2 years ago who gave me 2** and just ticked “dust” “kitchen” “bugs” … not much else to say, really, was there?!

or concrete…

2 Likes

Not literal, just setting a boundary. Yet again you push back. Nothing constructive to say? Don’t say it at all.

Really needs to chill