OK, I give in. What other colors should I add to differentiate rooms?

There’s an app now. Take a picture of the wall & it generates the formula. Cool stuff

How does that work? Colors don’t always look exactly the same on photos as they do in real life.

Beyond scanning the wall and having the app plus a reader at the paint store, I don’t know. Contractor painted both my STRs last year & used it. Perfect matching

1 Like

wow you’re good. where did u get that from?

for me (sorry to be the odd one out) i dont think it needs repainting - and why incur the cost. a bit of home staging is all that is needed. colors look fine as they are.

I was shopping online on Amazon for comforters and when I saw these. I immediately thought of Nordling House. They weren’t expensive either.

Yes different comforters in the pictures could differentiate the rooms. Yes easier than painting. If the goal is to brighten the room, painting could be done later

1 Like

How many times does Dennis have to say he isn’t changing the comforters and why?

No means no.

We’ve all heard of “mansplaining” but this thread has a lot of “womansplaing” going on. LOL.

1 Like

I missed it—didn’t see it in this thread. Proof positive hosts don’t read either. Sorry Dennis!

1 Like

In fairness he’s started 3 threads on this same topic so the multiple times he’s said it may not be in this thread.

1 Like

I take it all as having good intentions, but am not interested in floral themes.

For room 1, I am trying to get a painter who lives in the hood to loan me some of her large, colorful, and somewhat abstract paintings to hang on some of the larger empty walls, with a label saying that her studio is close by if guests are interested in purchasing her art. She’s still not certain she wants to do that, and I would have to make some insurance arrangements before I could do that.

I learned interior decorating from studying contemporary Scandinavian interiors. I had 2 neighbors as a child who were big on Marimekko and other Finnish designers.

1 Like

Be careful—I didn’t want too much gloriously tacky beach decor.

Memorial Day weekend as I hung yet another brightly colored fish art, it hit me. After 5 years of adding an item or two a year, I now have more whimsical sea shell, sea turtle, fish art, & decor items than I ever wanted. Now I like it—you too may change.

1 Like

I hope this works out

1 Like

I really like the idea of hanging local artists’ work and possibly sending some business their way.

I’d worry about damage to the original artwork.

1 Like

That’s why the OP said he’d need to have some insurance in place for it.

I read a post from a host in Hawaii who was setting up her listing and asked if it was okay to go with a modern, eclectic look- that she was so sick of all the rattan and tropical prints other Hawaiian hosts seemed to all do their places up in. She was wondering if that’s what guests expected.

Everyone told her to go for it, do whatever she liked. I suggested that repeat vacationers to Hawaii were probably sick of the all the rattan and tropical prints, too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I also hope it works out, but your local painter may be thinking they are more likely to sell out of their studio or a gallery.

I understand from my kid who went to art school (for management, not artistic themselves, but lots of “maker” friends) that artists get invitations like this on the regular, when what they really want is cash. So not to be a debbie downer, but is it a bit like an influencer asking to stay at your Airbnb for free, and in exchange they’ll market it for you?

In my second home, which I occasionally rent out off platform, I have hung art that I like and that I purchased from the gallery down the street. I had the artist in to arrange and hang the pictures plus put a little bio (and directions to the studio) on the wall next to the pieces. No sales have resulted that I know of!

I also think people who are on vacation are more likely to seek out galleries if they are interested in buying art, including shipping it back to wherever. It’s not like you can stuff it in your suitcase after an impulse buy. But ya never know.