Oh No! Airbnb notifications are 10-15 mins behind

I received 2 text messages from guests about their upcoming stays - except these came after they booked but before I got a notification that they did… seems that airbnb notifications for stays are running late?

Anyone else have this?

1 Like

Is it possible that the guests booked, then sent you a message before Airbnb successfully charged them and confirmed the booking?

I’m had all kinds of message notification glitches over the years. Like a booking request notification being sent at 3am, when the guest sent it at 9pm. Or a booked guest sending several messages but notifications only sent for some of them. But I haven’t experienced any of these glitches lately.

1 Like

Airbnb changed their alert/notification sound. It’s barely hearable now. And you cannot change the alert sound because it’s on the Airbnb side. I have to constantly check my phone or I’d miss the requests or messages. I wonder why Airbnb trying to make their notification unnoticeable.

2 Likes

But I’ve noticed they’ve made all their emails IMPORTANT so they get flagged with an exclamation point (at least on Outlook on my desktop)

I just posted a topic about this. I escalated this to an Airbnb Supervisor but they refuse to say its them and apple says there is nothing they can do. I can barely hear the ping. I thought I was imaging thing for a minute and then I saw your comment.