Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

"Officially" registering all guests question

Hello wise Air hosts!

I have a question about “registered guests.”. I host a private flat with a separate entrance (I live in the upstairs flat). When someone books, I only know the name of the person who booked and the number of guests that plan to stay. I have a rule that if there is more than 4 staying overnight there is an additional fee per person, up to 6 people.

My question is, do you officially “register” the other guests when they arrive (e.g., get their name, ID, etc.)? I typically greet my guests and say hi and know the other guests by their first names only. I have a coded lock so that I can offer 24 hour check in if needed (I am hoping to become a “business” certified listing and this is required), so I would not be able to greet and ‘register’ per say in all cases.

The reason that I ask, is because my guests now booked for 3 guys, but I noticed today that a 4th guy and a woman were visiting this AM (they may have just been meeting them at the flat for coffee before going out) - I’ll see if they try to stay over tonight! However, since I didn’t “register” all 3 original guys, I don’t have an official record of who is - and who isn’t - a guest. I wish Air offered this - the names of all parties coming and also a check box to indicate if they plan to have “day visitors” so I don’t have to pull a “Gladys Kravitz” and spy out my window :wink:

Hope that makes sense! I am new to this so any advice is welcome! Thanks!

2 Likes

In addition to getting everyone’s name and ID, put a security camera pointing at the entry so you know who is going in and out and when. Then mention that you do this in the listing, put a picture of the security camera. It will discourage people from sneaking in more people.

2 Likes

We ask for everyone’s name

I don’t ask for the other party’s name. Mostly my guests are married couples. And the person who booked, the person who has an Airbnb account, is responsible for their ‘invitee’ (as I believe the description is).

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!