Off to a bad start on extra listing three stars

I have three listings on AirBnb. It’s all for the same place but is a duplex so can be rented as one whole or two separately.

Here’s my problem. One listing only has two reviews. This listing has received a 3 star overall rating from one of the reviews bringing my 4.8 down to 4.7 so I can lose my super host.

My other two listings have about 50 reviews combined.

Do you think I should just delete this listing with two reviews?

The problem is I get many new people to my property that have zero reviews and I expect they are not understanding how it works as the other star ratings are all 4 and 5s.

Not sure what to do.

I probably would, but what I’m not sure of is do the (poor) reviews stay with your profile, even though the property is no longer listed. I’ve seen hosts with several properties, and when you check their reviews, you see reviews for a property that appears to be no longer listed.

Hopefully someone else will have a definitive answer on that one.

JF

1 Like

The review itself from this man is blank.

Stop worrying about Superhost status. Hosts who have had it, lost it, gained it back, lost it again, etc. say it made zero difference in terms of their booking rate.

And contrary to what many hosts think, it doesn’t really boost your search ranking.

Superhost is a carrot Airbnb dangles to keep hosts stressed out, scurrying about trying to please demanding guests to avoid a bad review.

8 Likes

Muddy I’m agreeing with you. I had another booking on that listing. The three stars were because the guest rated like a hotel not a AirBnb. They had no reviews and compared my home to a five star hotel which it isn’t.

Superhost is a carrot Airbnb dangles to keep hosts stressed out, scurrying about trying to please demanding guests to avoid a bad review.

I could be different than the typical guest, but when I am looking to rent the first round of filters for results includes only super hosts, if there are not enough suitible properties I will drop the super host filter, but it’s always our preference to rent from a superhost as the exprience has always been superior, both in little touches and typically host personality.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve heard that said before, and I’ve no doubt that some guests do try to book with Superhosts. But likely not enough for it to make a huge difference to the booking rate of most hosts.

I’ve also read plenty of posts from guests who had horrid experiences with a listing that had Superhost status. Dirty, bad communication, not as advertised, etc.

1 Like