Oak Park, Illinois Hosts - local guides?

Hello, my name is Kevin and I am an Airbnb user (both a host and traveler). In my travels, I have always appreciated when the host left a visitor guide of nearby attractions/maps/restaurants so I have started doing this when I host. I’m curious if anyone has noticed an appetite for this among their guests.

I work for the Oak Park, Illinois tourism bureau, which produces the local visitors guide, and I’m wondering if there are any hosts in our area that would be interested in getting some of our new visitor guides (free of charge) to provide for their guests. It’s an easy way to show visitors that you are committed to them having a comfortable & enjoyable stay.

1 Like

Hi Kevin—count me in! I may already have what you are providing but can always use more since people sometimes rest beverages on them, take them with, etc. I have a bunch of local history books about Oak Park in the unit (and some Hemingway books and FLW stuff too) that people seem to enjoy as well.

2 Likes

I would hope one of the first things a host would do once their listing is set up is to get visitor and attraction guides for their guests.

I have a stock of these together with local maps our tourist centre produces which our guests love.

Awesome, Natalie! Feel free to email me at kevin@visitoakpark dot com and we can arrange a way to get the guides to you. We operate the Oak Park Visitors Center on Lake Street too, so if you’d prefer to pick them up there I can coordinate that too.