Number of guests allowed is 6 - guests are 6 adults and 2 children (2 and 1) - charge extra for the kids?

Airbnb isn’t interest in niches. They want to be the Amazon of travel.

Maybe someone will take our Airbnb spinoff ideas and make them in to reality: Solitariebnb for singles and Childfreebnb for those of us who prefer not to share space with kids.

1 Like

Hi @Lesley,

I have put in my house rules that any children 2 and under staying for free must have a port-a-cot, linens, towels and all infant / toddler supplies provided by the guest.

If they want to sleep in the beds provided they must be added to the guest count and pay the extra guest fee.

We used to charge for infants and provide a port-a-cot and high chair for them. We have so few infants now that we stopped these amenities.

Once the new “no charge” rule came in it seemed a better solution to have them supply their own gear and less likely to upset guests who were not expecting an extra fee.

At least you will be compensated if they have the children in the beds with this rule.

Lisa

2 Likes

Good idea. Thanks to your suggestion, will add this to my listing “infant / toddler / child supplies and bedding to be provided by the guest, noting that there is not a lot of extra space in the room”. My recent guests were a father and about 6-8 year old son. At the last minute, the father asked about an air mattress for the son. I started racking my brain to accommodate in some way then realized my listing is complete. I reiterated that there is a full bed, and please bring other supplies they might need. I could provide a sheet and there are plenty of blankets. Of course, the guest did mention the room was small, but so does everyone trying to sleep in two beds so it is no secret. It all went fine and they were nice guests.

2 Likes