Nudist Lifestyle?

What exactly are you trying to hide here :smiling_imp:

The scandal of a peer (House of Lords member) who was caught pants down!

1 Like

Wow, I’m late to the party on this lively topic…darn it! Someone sure dropped the ball (oops!) in letting me know.

In any event, my rental is available on Saturday (that is, it will be after I kick the current fully-clothed guests out) and I’ll be glad to take in this poor man if he needs a place.

3 Likes

(Astaire might have been trying to hide the member (ahem) of the House of Lords.)

2 Likes

No, there’s … staff hired for that. They have risen to the challenge!

2 Likes

If you are based where you user name is from, they will be quick enough to put clothes on, there is a fierce winds coming the Atlantic ocean. I had a few guests who chatted away in the underwear to me and walked around the house like so, it did not bother me or my family.

1 Like

Regardless of the distractions that this thread how now moved to, welcoming the nudist lifestyle is up to a host, but if you accept, you can expect a naked person to be walking around your house. In fact, you can actually make that a selling feature if it makes you comfortable.

2 Likes

Our French relatives always walk around in their “drawers” as my dad used to say!

1 Like

If the naked person is Idris Elba, he can stay for free.

1 Like

Its mostly Europeans I have experienced this with, they obviously feel relaxed which is what you want as a host. My french uncle does the same much to the amusement of my boys

1 Like

I probably sound prudish but what if he was some guy that just liked showing his naked parts to people and mentioned this to see if he could get away with it, once you have agreed he could tell the police that you agreed and even if he was going around twirling his “baton” and trying to be harassing and suggestive to the occupants so to speak he would be able to defend himself…if my Mother was in the house there is no way I would allow it. I’d just say politely that as I am not sure our other guests would like it I would have to ask that in communal areas he was dressed.

4 Likes

@KIKC

Good job! :smile:

1 Like

Most naturists would be horrified that you would think this - believe me, as practised in Europe, it is VERY un-sexual (hence the reason you will find very few teenagers in naturist camps!)

I am afraid that when we were younger we would drag our reluctant children to “clothing optional” beaches and although our seven-year old was a natural nudist (most kids of that age don’t know what clothes are for anyway!) the girls insisted on keeping their cardigans on at the beach. They now look back on it as a harmless eccentricity on their parents’ part.

Having said this, I’m surprised (@GalwayGirl) that your guest would want to practise nudity in your place if you don’t advertise as “clothing optional” as I’m sure he could find somewhere nearby to accommodate him or he could become a “textile” for a night! I should just say your elderly mother lives with you and she would be uncomfortable with his being naked in the common areas of the house. If he doesn’t understand this then I’m afraid he isn’t being sensitive to your wishes as a host and I don’t think you should accommodate him.

5 Likes

Sounds rather amphibian!

I’m surprised at the posters who are citing the “elderly mother” as a reason to not accept nudists. I haven’t found that an advanced age tends to make people less comfortable with nudity. Both my mother and my maternal grandmother were nudists.

If you don’t want to host nudists all you have to do is say no thank you just like you would with anyone else whose lifestyle you found to not be a good fit in your listing.

5 Likes

My thoughts about a nudist in the house are slightly different than this thread. I’m not worried about seeing a naked person. I’m a nurse. I do NOT want a bare bottom (not even my own) on MY cloth sofa, chairs, etc. Just EEWWWW. Germs, cooties, skid marks,

2 Likes

After having spent a day on a over populated clothing optional beach, with my head too close for comfort to a unclothed German bum, I hereby officially oppose against any unfiltered farts, most certainly anywhere inside.
:peach::dash::nauseated_face:

3 Likes

I once had a roommate who’s girlfriend was a nudist. I was all about trying to be open minded and accepting until she sat on the kitchen counter with her legs spread while I was having my breakfast. Nope. Not for me, thanks.

3 Likes

Will have to check that out. Our farm would be perfect as they gave the place to themselves

I’m not sure what cooties are (and I probably don’t want to know …) but every naturist I have known takes a towel (their own!) to sit on when in public or sempublic places such as restaurants in a naturist park.