NSW "Freedom Day" 11 October, but have booking 9th?

In Greater Sydney (Australia) we have been locked down for 11 weeks due to COVID, so I haven’t had any bookings. People have been itching to travel and I wasnt surprised to receive a couple of bookings for October (one was postponed from September) . I am not considered regional and so my address is in “Greater Sydney” which has a specific regime of restrictions, although am an hour out of the Sydney CBD. Travel outside of Greater Sydney (Regional travel) rates a special mention in the rules…

I think that it is partially deliberate on the part of the State Government, or they could just be disorganised, but it is not clear what travel restrictions apply prior to the 11th October within greater Sydney , which is being touted as “Freedom Day”. I have a couple from another part of Greater Sydney booked in on the weekend of 9th October and have messaged them to say 'will check it out further however I don’t think you’re allowed to travel outside your local government (council) area prior to the 11th. They haven’t responded at all so maybe they are hoping everything will remain in place.

Is anyone in Sydney who can enlighten me on your interpretation of the rules as they apply from now until 11 October for travel within Greater Sydney but outside ones local government (council) area? I don’t want to get into trouble.

Thank you all. :slight_smile:

You might do better hosting on a Sydney host group @MountainGirl1

1 Like

I consulted the authorities and ended up asking the guest to postpone. We are back hosting again and perhaps people or more appreciative after lockdown, but I’ve had some really nice reviews since we reopened. Yay.

2 Likes