NOT a COVID-19 Topic - Looking for advice on unhappy neighbours

Is Cairns City Council for or against Airbnb’s?
Is there a registration process?
I would be very concerned with a neighbour flagging your home with the authorities.
Where I am, my properties are all heritage listed and my council has given me permission in order to maintain them and offer public access.
Dead silence from the town planner when I asked if I could open a brothel …and then a very cautious maybe… suddenly STR looked very attractive! :grin::grin::joy:

5 Likes

He’s like my neighbor who I called a “grouchy pants”. I think she looks for things to complain about so it isn’t just my rental causing her heartburn.

Some people are just unhappy—life’s too short for that

1 Like

Hi @MaryJO great Ideas! I will restrict the pool hours for sure and the deck, and I will add about the extra guests! Thank you for your input :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @AlexSJ will do those two things :slight_smile:

I have 6 guests only, it is a home that they can rent and my neighbours have my phone number already. I might start asking for all names of guests. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @Debthecat no they are against it, I actually called the authorities myself as I wanted some clarification on noise and they were really helpful. Maybe I should tell that to my neighbour :rofl:

I am doing my best to respect their space and make it work for the both of us, I have declined many bookings on hunches that the guests wanted to use my house for a party. I understand their frustration but I also think that he is a winger at times! My guests can’t even swim in the pool at times without him messaging me and saying that people are laughing to loud.

Thank you @Ritz3 for the feedback! Do you think you get less bookings by taking away the instant booking? I have thought of doing this also. But that’s a great idea to rent out to above 25+

Thanks @MelissaMH great feedback! I’ll look into the NoiseAware but unsure if we can get that in Australia?

You know what? I’m not sure! If not yet, I would imagine they’re expanding soon!

I initiated the no problem cancellation thing a few hours before Air.

Air is not the Great Mother of our business. We are entrepreneurs. Air was several days ahead of many businesses. I applaud them for that.

We are going to take a hit. Won’t be the first time, or the last.

Keep calm. Carry on. Play with your grandchildren.

I have booked the same amount of guests without instant booking but I have had 100% less headaches. Instant booking was not for me. I hope things work out for you. Nothing worst than having angry neighbors.