Noise sensitive guest

Two days ago my home security alarm (ADT) has been randomly beeping due to low battery. It is inactivated. The guest msged me via the app about it so I told him the code to stop the noise as well as msged him. I asked him what I can do to make up for it the first night and he said it was fine. Yesterday when I told him I would get a locksmith to open the battery panel because it was locked, I could tell he was happy. However I found out that the decent locksmith wouldn’t make it to my house in time and I had to drive 2.5 hours away for a work trip so by the time I got home it was already 11 pm and the guest was already in his room. I’ve kept my door open to hear any loud noises from the alarm to stop it as soon as I wake up.

Meanwhile ADT keeps trying to upsell me the installation costs and said they would drop ship the key but it would arrive in 7-10 business days (but that’s because I had called in one time and my mom has an active account with them). I’ve also ordered the key through eBay and it won’t arrive until Monday. I’ve tried asking my neighbors on forums and friends but no one has the panel key.

I’ve tried picking the lock and failed as well. Would it be bad to just drill the lock off?

The key won’t arrive until Monday. How should I resolve this? With a discount and if so how much?

I think I would offer the guest free cancellation for the coming nights and have Airbnb rehouse him if he wants that. Not sure about the nights stayed, but while it sounds like you’re trying everything, it’s really not the guest’s fault that you haven’t been able to follow through on fixing it. If he declines being rehoused, I don’t even know what I would do.

2 Likes

Can you turn off a fuse for the alarm in your consumer unit?

I cannot turn off the fuse