No payout after one week of minimum payout is met

usually I put 1000 usd as the minimum payout released (my payout is Western Union) , this month I earn 1230 usd but there no payout released from Airbnb. I also contact Airbnb , it had been one week and there is no response. I contact them today again and they said I need to wait. I was wondering , anyone has the same problem as I do?.

Dont understand the problem you are having?

1 Like

Details, please @Vegan. Your post makes absolutely no sense.

Hi Ken , many thanks for interesting in the post. I was too rush with my explanation. Here it is. usually I put 1000 usd as the minimum payout released (my payout is Western Union) , this month I earn 1230 usd but there no payout released from Airbnb. I also contact Airbnb , it had been one week and there is no response. I contact them today again and they said I need to wait. I was wondering , anyone has the same problem as I do?.

Veganā€¦ this is a question best directed to Air. If I remember correctly, you are in Cambodia? Keep calling until you get an answer.

Hi @konacoconutz , yes , i am from Cambodia. How are you ? I hope you had been well and have a good new year. Of course , i have contact Airbnb since the problem occurred. However there is no response from their side. Today i have solved the problem by myself. If anyone have
the same problem please selected the other payout method as default (mine change from WU to Payoneer) , the payout released after 3 hours. Problem solved , i guess Airbnb has a problem with WU specific from my location (Cambodia).

1 Like

Hi, I understand avoiding the charges that western may be charging you per transaction. Maybe look into pay pal, or do you have the ability to get a bank account, a savings account that your monies can be deposited to? Sorry about this. I understand it can be frustrating. Good Luck!

Sadly , from where i am at. WU is the best payment option of Airbnb. It charge below other options. Currently Payoneer is the worst of it all. Everything is fee after fee. Bank Account is good however the process here is very slow ( international transfer take about 5-10 working day) and the fee is higher than WU as well. Yes , it is true , it was very frustrating .

I just noticed that half of my reservations for April have not been paid out. The reservation still shows up in my calendar. But Airbnb missed paying out on about 15 bookings.
Theyā€™ve also had all my payouts paused since May 2nd. They paused my payouts requesting further verfication of my business. The message thread they sent this message on was closed to any replies so I had to call in to request how to send them the information they requested. It took a couple calls and messages every day for 7 days just for them to provide me the method by which I could send them the information they requested (my payouts paused for that entire time). And now that Iā€™ve provided the information they are still ā€œworking on itā€ and in no hurry to unpause my payouts. I am so frustrated as a Host right now. I have 8 properties listed and Iā€™m in a panic that my payments are going to continue to be withheld and Iā€™m not going to be able to run my business. Their customer service has been atrocious. What is our recourse here? How can we ensure we are paid? I put a claim in through Better Business Bureau, but it takes so much time fighting to get paid, I donā€™t want to spend the next few months fighting every day.

Iā€™ve seen posts here and elsewhere on just this issue.

Hereā€™s my summary of what Iā€™ve read and my own two cents.

ā€“ No ā€˜magic answerā€™ here: persistence, patience and well-documented written communications with Airbnb are needed
ā€“ Written communications: Write succinctly to Airbnb with the key facts and remedy sought.
----- Remedy Sought: Payment of Past Reservations: $X
----- Reservations for which I have not been paid [Check-in date, Reservation #, Amount]
ā€“ Financial Information: Each time you change your financial information (even if the same information that you decide to re-enter (BTW, donā€™t do that)) will likely cause a delay of days/weeks or longer
ā€“ Go to Airbnb Community Center and ask there as the site has Airbnb moderators who sometimes steps in and gets the attention of the appropriate Airbnb team
ā€“ Make sure that there is nothing about your listing that you need to ā€˜fixā€™. I have a vague recollection of one Host discovering that somehow their listing or all its settings were not up to date, and this was speculated as a cause for the delay. I donā€™t know what those settings might be. ALL: Anyone have ideas here or remember what Iā€™m thinking of (LOL)?
ā€“ File notice Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution and Notification to Airbnb by mailing to CSC Lawyers Incorporating Service, 2710 Gateway Oaks Drive, Suite 150N, Sacramento, California 95833. See here in 23.3 Terms of Service. This letter is sent 30 days before going to arbitration and might get the attention of Airbnb to settle you claim in the 30-day notice period.

Thanks for your response. Iā€™ll try the Airbnb Community Center. The issue isnā€™t with my payout method as that hasnā€™t changed. But they are updating my business information. Itā€™s just frustrating that they canā€™t seem to do that in a timely matter and I have to wait to be paid until they figure it out. Missing 40% of my payouts from April I have just discovered. Now I need to look through all my past payouts to ensure there wasnā€™t more Iā€™m missing.
Iā€™ll try the Pre-Arbitration as well. But all this takes so much time and energy. If I have to work this hard to get paid every time, it will no longer be worth the effort. Iā€™m trying to figure out if there is any way to cancel my 100+ bookings I have scheduled for this summer and move them to direct bookings, just in case Airbnb continues not to pay me. At the very least Iā€™m moving on from the Platform as soon as all my bookings are done. File a claim at the end of all my bookings for all the unpaid earnings?? I had been happy with their service for 5+ years, but their customer service the past few years, and of course, not getting paid, is untenable.

Well, that would be a violation of Airbnbā€™s terms of service. If just one of the guests contacted Airbnb youā€™d likely be removed from the platform. [You would lose all those bookings.]

BTW, it is IMO a best practice that @muddy has posted here to keep a list of all the reservations, with contact information. Weā€™ve seen scenarios where the Host having that guest contact information is helpful.

Ahhh ā€“ this must be the reason!

Normally Airbnb takes care off these things in quantum time but it must be a busy time for them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My guess is that once this business information matter is resolved that youā€™ll get your payments and that things will run smoothly. What you recite weā€™ve heard before but I do think the overwhelming majority of Hosts are paid timely and that you will be too once this business information thing is resolved.

Iā€™m not sure why you needed to provide that information but one of my suspicions is that if I think I need to change information that Airbnb must process that I would think twice.

For example, suppose I thought a different financial payout method would be more convenient for me. Well, Iā€™ve read enough about Hosts not getting paid for even six months and in amounts in the six figures that Iā€™m not going to change my financial payout information unless essential, and if I do Iā€™m going to expect the possibility of a delay of a month, maybe more for Airbnb to process it.

Most of us have our gripes with Airbnb but they have been effective at getting us business and paying us timely (with exceptions). But a number of people here have a strategy for direct bookings because it seems dangerous to rely on any one platform, because Airbnbā€™s zeal for new Hosts can create surplus supply that drives a race to the bottom in fees, because new Hosts or properties unlike yours might be prioritized in search results, because Airbnb and your interests are not the same.

Several Hosts here have used OwnerRez and DTravel.