No More Location Ratings on Stars?

Grrrrrr - I’m good at arrival and value!

2 Likes

Well, it’s just a test, maybe they will bring it back.

1 Like

Me too! And Value. We’re never going to be happy, are we? I think Arrival is an important one. It’s the only thing I’ve marked down as a guest. It’s horrible arriving in a strange place and not having adequate directions or not being able to contact the host.

That’s the thing! We need to be more relaxed, I think :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I have been marked down once or twice for arrival.

One time, because the guests was stupid, and went to the wrong village.
It has the same name, but only 300km in the other direction. He blamed us for his fault of entering the wrong village in his navigation system, and not double checking the map.

On the other time we asked the guest to confirm the arrival time. He confirmed that he would arrive at 19:00.
So we decided to go swimming with the family. And suddenly he called at 15:00 that he was at our house but nobody was there. He had to wait for 10 minutes, for us to get back.
In the end we got marked down, because they decided to turn up early without notice.

3 Likes

What’s all this? Why has Spain still got all the categories? @azreala, have you got them still for Barcelona? And IF they’re losing some of these categories, does that mean I can finally get rid of that damn ONE star for location?

If they do get rid of Location I will take full credit as I wrote them an exquisitely-reasoned mail about it. Which I assumed they immediately binned.

2 Likes

[quote=“Malagachica, post:46, topic:7312”]
Why has Spain still got all the categories
[/quote] I still have all the categories here in El Paso TX

My neighbor still has them when she looks at her listing, but I don’t!

1 Like

@Malagachica I WISH the Location and Value had disappeared! We still have them. If they do go away, I will give you all the credit.

2 Likes

Hahaha. Maybe along with mine, but maybe not.

1 Like

Thank you for your well stated reasoning of the various rating categories. I would agree with keeping the accuracy category if the guests would actually have to read and check a read and agree box for all the copy on your listing, not just the summary but the house rules and full description. I would support any improvement where it would confront the rater with reality; quantifiable facts from the listing and likewise if they took you down a notch, they could not post it unless they gave a specific factual reason. For instance, I have gotten marked down on accuracy before. If would really help me to know what I am not being accurate about.

A Location rating is totally discriminatory. They need to hop on this and get rid of a location rating asap.
Location means -
This is code for one of 2 things:

1. The location was not in the center of the town or the target place ( even if it was accurate on a map )
    or
  2. The location was ethnic, urban, integrated, changing, gentrified, or not inhabited by the dominant desirable race
  • how else can Location be interpreted? The map shows the location before booking.

Perhaps a location that as it turned out, lacked public transportation, that they neglected to even think about.

Access to public transportation might fall more under “communication” . Before a guest books , they should know the walking distance to desired places or need for a car, or access to uber or taxi, and they should be aware of how far the house is from where they want to go. These are choices of a proper match prior to a booking, not analyzed afterwards. Location is a primary reason to make a selection of a rental. So , what else could stars on “Location” mean? - it’s awfully subjective…does a guest feel safe in the neighborhood? = 5 star. Are the streets filled with faces that make the guest uncomfortable = 3 star. I have had lots of guest groups arrive and question me about the safety of my neighborhood, and I have lived here comfortably for 18 years. ( ie: I live in a historical Gullah Geechie area, that has, in the past 4 years, transitioned into a different neighborhood.). I live on a street that was part of the famous Chitlin Circuit and it shows. I don’t even know how to properly have this conversion tactfully. The neighborhood now has new mega million dollar homes, within spitting distance of houses that lack the basics. So in the past some of my guests done a drive by and have cancelled, or failed to book after drive by, or some have knocked on my door in fear, and many of those guests have dinged me on “location”. I “get” what Location means. It is code. it allows for discrimination.

1 Like

They should consider transportation, amazing many don’t and then start imposing on host and then is their fault if it doesn’t match their expectations. :rolling_eyes:

Yes you are totally correct. A guest should consider transportation before booking a rental. Another point well put to wipe out the Location star. Location is a firm and set portion of the transaction. Cleanliness can change; location can not. Accuracy is on the shoulders of the host in creating the listing and sharing the details. Communication too, With feedback, accuracy can be fine tuned, communication can be improved, cleanliness can get better. Location is what it is.
What if someone showed up at your place to check in , and expected to be in a busy city. Should your lisiting (the island) be downrated for location? They had better know your location before reserving!

Aye, how could one be knocked for location, when it is all up front before booking. I bet few hosts will miss it; kona certainly won’t.