No More Location Ratings on Stars?

Hi Everyone

I’ve been shopping for airbnbs in various places as I plot out my daughter’s college-search adventures.

I don’t see any ‘location’ stars anymore. Just accuracy, cleanliness, and communication.

3 Likes

Yea!!!

[and I must have 20 characters]

1 Like

Really? I’m going to check it out!

It must be another test because I still see them This is from a random superhost in Denver

1 Like

I noticed that but didn’t think anything about it, thought it was a glitch.

Down with Location Stars!!!

3 Likes

If am logged in, I don’t get any breakdown of the stars.

If I fire up a second browser that doesn’t know my AirBNB credentials I get this.

Team A and Team B aren’t talking to each other just yet. Think I will test again later this evening to see which one they choose.

1 Like

I just checked some random listings in this area, only showing stars for cleanliness, communication, and accuracy!
Weren’t there five stars? Other than location, what was the other one?

It was value, I think.

2 Likes

As shown in my screenshot above check in and value

1 Like

I found value useful, so not sure why that one went away.

Well, I’m thrilled, hope they go away forever!

1 Like

Value: maybe like location it’s rather arbitrary? I’ve gotten 6 four stars for value (of 134 ratings) and I’ve always been cheaper than the Motel 6.

1 Like

I get trashed on value a lot. I don’t know what they want for $89 a night.

2 Likes

I’m only seeing three categories: Accuracy, Communication, Cleanliness.
It’s a glitch, I’d stake my life on it.
Recently, the host profile photo disappeared from listings on the search results. I thought it might be a deliberate thing linked to the discrimination issue. But the photos are back now. Maybe these things are not glitches but calculated 48 hour tests to see how it affects traffic. Who knows? Meanwhile, I make a noise like a guinea pig.

1 Like

Oh, please, is that a happy sound, a sad sound, or a sound of distress?

1 Like

At the moment it’s the sound of me munching peanuts. It’s not happy or sad or distressed. You probably wouldn’t want to hear it on loudspeakers, though. When I get that yellow warning alert from Air or have to deal with one of their incompetents, I probably sound more like this http://i.imgur.com/WaPWW5R.gif

2 Likes

Guinea pigs make the sweetest, most endearing noises.

3 Likes

Of course it’s reasonable. You’re in Hawaii. Is the $89 what you earn or what they actually pay?

I get the occasional low mark for “location” which, as we’re discussing here, is puzzling–and also annoying because it’s something we have no control over: Was the Starbucks too far away? Was there a homeless person too close to the property?

My “yardstick”!! The Motel 6 :))))) Jeez. All they give you in the morning are those itty bitty styrofoam cups of coffee you have to crawl down to the office to get!

Just about every one I’ve been in has been pretty awful except for the one in Morro Bay. The one in downtown Palm Springs is great–but only in the summer when it’s blasting hot and no one is around. It’s dead quiet. No barking dogs and the AC is lovely.

2 Likes