Nitpicking guest or over sensitive host?

Exactly. That’s why many of us suggest not writing post reviews. And if one does respond to a review it should be carefully written so as it not scare off one’s own prospectives.

I’ve had two guests write post reviews to my less than stellar reviews of them:

• one I reported; AirBNB quickly removed it because it violated polices, but my review of her still remains.
  • the second post review made the guest look worse than my review
3 Likes

So, how lucky is that?! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

A guest did similar here, after I clicked on wouldn’t host again. My initial review, written at the last minute, wasn’t great, just to the point. I’d had a weekend of hostility from her and two sisters visiting their mum locally ,of being treated with utter disdain in my own home.

Her initial review of their stay was bland (can’t recall *, but nothing ghastly), then she responded to mine in an absolute rage after the cut off period. It somehow landed on her own profile page.

I didn’t notice for months, until flicking through boredly one day. What was meant to send me into a towering rage had me cracking up delightedly.

Unhinged for sure.

2 Likes

I don’t think that you are being overly sensitive. I think that in a standard place, she likely would not have been given a voice for hairsplitting. Airbnb provided her with a microphone, and now she feels all important. If I saw her review, I would not book her.

1 Like

That one. “Just the facts, ma’am”
(what old cop show is that from…? my CRS just kicked in/off)

1 Like

I think it was Dragnet.

1 Like

What do you mean? We still provide linens… I don’t see why covid would impact ability to provide that. Don’t get me wrong, the rest of this story definitely makes the guest sound unable to be pleased!

My cleaning woman will no longer remove linens and transport them for cleaning. Below is an early link on protocols with mentions of shaking linens and such…
https://www.vrma.org/page/vrhp/vrma-cleaning-guidelines-for-covid-19

That article is almost a year old. The current information is that there is almost no risk from surface transmission and that most of the over the top cleaning is just hygeine theatre.

I wouldn’t be shaking the linens, but there’s not need to do that, and handling them with gloves and a mask on isn’t risky. The virus doesn’t even remain active on porous materials like cloth, paper and cardboard for more than a few hours. The biggest risk as far as the cleaner is concerned is entering the unit less than 3 hours after someone has vacated, as breath vapor can hang in the air for that long.

3 Likes

Wanna talk to my cleaning lady? It’s her business and she’s really good! :woman_shrugging:

1 Like